Title: Finance Manager | Hamilton Lloyd and Associates | Location: Lagos
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors.
The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
Overall Purpose of
- The Finance Manager will supervise the Finance team, plan, and co-ordinate the activities of a variety of finance and accounts services that include general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, financial reporting, budgeting etc.
- The candidate will also perform complex accounting analysis and accurate reporting of the company’s financial position and liaise with regulators to ensure Company’s compliance with regulatory remittances.
Financial and Management Accounting:
- To provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial information for management decision making at the appropriate time.
- Ensuring accounting information is properly recorded in compliance with IFRS and relevant accounting regulations and posted into the company’s general ledger
- Preparing / supervising and reviewing schedules including the trial balance.
- Liaison between the external regulators and the Company in responding to queries and proffering resolutions.
- Preparation of regular financial planning reports; monthly profit and loss forecast, cash flow and variance analysis
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Managing the organizational overhead cost controlling process
- Ensuring proper project cost controlling practices and performance reporting
- Perform all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Delivering management accounting reports (cost of goods sold, profitability, cost centre etc)
- Management of all Tax and pension matters
- To ensure that all financial transactions are captured on SAP
- To coordinate audit, manage and support all external audit activities
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Treasury and Account Payables Management:
- Management of the organizations bank accounts and banking relationships, ensuring that these relationships are of benefit to the organization.
- Management of the organizations cash flow planning and liquidity analysis
- To assist in sourcing for funds for company projects
- To provide a framework or basis for the review and control of expenditure
- Ensure all requests for payments are accurate and properly approved
- Review to ensure that supporting documentation accompanying payment requests are relevant, properly filed and easily retrievable
- Follow up with banks to ensure payments are promptly processed
- Review bank reconciliations periodically and all reconciling items posted in a timely manner. Unreconciled items are properly investigated and disposed.
Credit and Receivables Management:
- Supervise all customer / client billings in line with contracts.
- Establishing and managing relationships with counterpart finance & procurement managers of our clients to guarantee smooth operations and that all receivables are collected within the time frame in which they fall due.
- Managing credit/risk exposure to all clients including credit risk analysis of potential sales opportunities.
- Driving collections process to ensure minimal overdue debt portfolio.
- Mentor and develop the team, manage work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation and building of an effective team dynamic.
- To ensure all team members midyear and year-end appraisals are submitted within fifteen days in which they fall due
- To attend all management and other external meetings on due dates
- To provide a necessary platform for other members of the finance team to meet their performance objectives
- To initiate a new or improved idea every month
- Ensure all finance staff have job descriptions and performance objectives in the first month of the year for old staff and the end of induction for new staff
Key Performance Indicators:
- Effective support to the FC and CFO
- Delivering on improved cash flow / liquidity for the company
- Managing corporate performance
- Fixed asset register management
- Financial reporting
- Sound process controls
- Personal development
- Communication / Responsiveness excellence
- Leadership and people development
- Great team player within and outside the Finance Team
- Strong technical accounting prowess
- A first degree from an accredited university
- ACA / ACCA / CFA is a MUST
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, at least 2 of which must be in a supervisory position in a reputable business environment
- Big 4 experience is an added advantage
- Demonstrable sound finance function management ability.
- Experience in reviewing and developing accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures are essential.
- High level of integrity and sound attention to detail
- Patient and amiable
- Proficient in MS office; MS Word/ PowerPoint/ Excel
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication
- Very sound knowledge of IFRS knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of SAP ERP an added advantage
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of business and office matters
- IFRS knowledge is essential
- Budgeting, planning, monitoring and management.
- Funds Management
- SAP ERP Finance Module savvy
- Assets & Liabilities Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- People Management
- Relationship Management
- Career Management
- MS Office proficiency; MS Word/ PowerPoint/ Excel
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication
- Strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested qualified applicants should kindly send in their professional CV and cover letter to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the mail.