Title: Finance Manager | Location: Abuja | Media Trust Limited
Type: Full Time
Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
- The candidate will work under the supervision of the ED (Finance)
- He / She will ensure that the financial health of the company is enhanced and that a documented system of accounting policies and procedures is maintained in line with regulatory requirements and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Corporate Planning & Systems:
- Would be involved in the formulation of various systems, policies, procedures, that are commensurate with the needs of the company,
- Would be involved in Financial projections of collaborations/joint ventures envisaged.
- Would be involved in corporate planning during organizational restructuring at all levels.
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting.
- Preparation and submission of applications to Financial Institutions for financial assistance in form of Term Loans, Short Term Deposits and timely follow up for necessary sanctions, documentations and disbursements.
Accounts & Audit:
- Finalization of accounts, divisional & branch accounting.
- Attending to statutory auditors, internal auditors
- Tax audit details preparation
- Debtors’ management and credit control.
- Accounting Standards and their implementation.
- Oversee Personal taxation – employees.
- Oversee Filing of returns and attending to tax authorities for assessments and appeals.
Budgeting & Costing:
- Costing – product and process.
- Budget preparation and Budgetary controls.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with ICAN or ACCA certification
- Gender: Male or Female (Preferable).
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analysis to management of Media Trust.
- Candidate should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent time management skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply