Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports Directly to: Country Director
Technical report: Finance Director, Africa
Overall Purpose / Broad Function
- The overall purpose of the position is to provide oversight to all financial management and reporting for Nigeria Country Office.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for financial reporting, budgeting and compliance and administration management for all Core and Non-Core Programs in the Country.
- The Finance Manager works in close collaboration with Finance Director in the Region and program and finance staff in the country and Head Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Programs & Contract Management:
- Provide guidance and serve as a resource person to program and finance staff for the Contracts Database (CDB).
- Review and process contracts and supporting documentation in the Contract Lifecycle Management system (CLM)
- Authorise Payment Request Forms and checks that it agrees with the CDB.
- Monitor the CDB for the CO monthly by following up with project staff on all contracts and milestones that are past their activity date.
- Prepare quarterly and annual forecasting / financial management reports on program spending.
- Reviewing and validate partner financial reports to confirm accuracy, correctness, and compliance with signed contracts.
- Prepare periodic monitoring reports, forecasting and pipelines management and donor financial reports
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the funding approval form, contract approval sheet, payment request form and other related documents to be submitted to the Regional Office (RO) for processing / approvals as per the delegation of authority.
- Review the completeness and accuracy of contract closure form and project closure form and related documents of CO Projects.
- Review and provide comments to the Regional Finance Director on approval applications for changes to grant/consulting agreement conditions (budget supplements, time extensions) as well as any ensuing amendments.
- Ensure compliance with established NI policies for the release and approval for signature of legal documents.
- Review and ensure compliance with donors Agreement rules and regulations.
- Ensure the Donor Data Base (DDB) is updated regularly with the project budget
- Prepare and provide monthly budget variance reports to Country Director, Finance Director, Project Director, and project staff to ensure program implementation is conducted within the approved budgets
- Prepare donor financial reports-Quarterly-Semi-Annual and Annual and submit them to RO/HQ for validation/approval.
- Verify the contract budgets are in line with the approved budgets.
- Verify budgets for project expenses and send them for review to Country Director, Finance Director and Project Director.
- Coordinate and consolidate the annual program budget for the CO and assist Finance Director in finalizing the budget submissions.
- Review of annual financial statements in preparation for statutory audits
- Ensure production of accurate and timely financial information for the CO including reviewing financial transactions, journal entries, account reconciliation, financial analysis, and reports before they are submitted to the Regional Office.
- Lead in processing of periodic closures through preparation of reports and reconciliation
- Review and post transactions in Microsoft Dynamics GP, extract and manipulate reports as maybe required from the system.
- Review payrolls for the Country Office.
- Review and approve all allocated payments for the Country Office
- Manage office administration requests, supplies and equipment
HR, Security, and Admin:
- Ensure that NI office space and environment is convenient for NI staff
- Ensure that the IT system is functional and operational in coordination with the IT personnel at HQ and RO
- Act as a Security focal person for NI Nigeria
- In coordination with the CD, ensure safety and security procedures are in place
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Finance Officer
Education / Professional Designations / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with at least eight years of working experience in the development sector.
- ACCA or CPA Professional qualification
- 5 years experience working in a finance manager capacity
- 5 years experience working in program management environment including budget and grant management.
- Working experience on managing Global Affairs of Canada grants
- Experience working with databases, an asset
- Experience working with the Microsoft suite
- Experience in a national or international non-profit entity is preferred
- Working experience on managing grants from other donors such as, FCDO, USAID, BMGF is highly preferred
- Fluent in English
- In-country travel to project sites required
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Leadership skills and experience
- Employee management skills
What we Offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nutrition International is a non-smoking work environment