Title: Finance Manager Location: Lagos ReelFruit
ReelFruit is an emerging fruit processing company, retailing a range of dried fruit snacks to cater to the growing number of health-conscious consumers in Nigeria. ReelFruit was established in 2012 and has achieved significant growth – retailing in over 350 stores nationwide, with a head office in Lagos and regional office in Abuja and Port Harcourt. The company also retails product on amazon.com in the US as well as internationally.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for formulating and implementation of a robust, fully functional accounting department; put in practices for Reelfruit accounting, boost investor confidence in the company financials, achieve efficient use of financial resources, oversee adequate record keeping for clients thereby enhancing bottom-line figures, and achieving compliance and management of taxation and other regulatory government agencies.
- Develop, Monitor and Implement financial controls as it relates to all key departments within the company
- Induct and manage both financial and non-financial employees to comply with controls
- Ensure that the collection, processing and communication of financial information are properly done.
- Manage all finance employees- internal and external to ensure controls are adhered to
- Examination & Preparation of schedule of expenses, incomes, payables, receivables, payroll& other remittances. Preparation of fixed assets schedule, computation of capital allowance & tax assessment.
- Use XERO to ensure proper record keeping of all sales and financial information
- Ensure all tax payment (PAYE) are paid promptly and duly.
- Liaise with 3rd Party Persons, that is, Auditors and Tax Consultants.
- Study trends, escalate peculiarities to management and set financial targets based on deductions
- Scrutinize budgets submitted by Unit Leads for projects/programs
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Conduct financial analysis to determine profitability of projects and the business in general
- Prepare and present financial reports periodically
Educational Qualification, Experience and Requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ post NYSC experience working in this role or a similar role
- Membership of ICAN/ACCA will be an advantage
- UpToDate Knowledge of IFRS Standards and other Accounting Laws in Nigeria
- Practical knowledge of accounting software, particularly XERO
- Experience monitoring and recording company expenses.
- Experience with audit preparations.
- Ability to create reports and financial statements clearly and error-free
- Ability to clearly communicate complex financial information both verbally and on excel in a manner that can be understood by stakeholders
- Have eye for minutiae details and ensure accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate influence across several program/project and ooze confidence to approach and influence different stakeholders
- Possess sound knowledge of financial accounting and project/program cost-benefit analysis
- Ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
- Ability to deeply understand Reel fruit business principles, needs and practices in line with growth objectives
- Adherence to high moral, ethical, and organisational values in decisions
- Ability to use personal initiative to source for prospective businesses for Reelfruit.
- A proactive individual with excellent numeric and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively manage others.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the ” Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.