RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- We are seeking qualified candidates for an upcoming project in Nigeria. These positions have an anticipated initial term of employment for one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years based upon receiving additional funding from the CDC and approval from RTI. Strong preference for qualified Nigerian Nationals.
- We are seeking a Finance Manager for an upcoming Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to improve public health preparedness and response in Nigeria
- The goal of this 5-year project is to strengthen the existing public health infrastructure to rapidly and effectively respond to disease outbreaks, health threats and public health emergencies of international concern (PHEICs).
- The Finance Manager is responsible for day-to-day financial operations tasks according to RTI and CDC / U.S. government regulations, rules, and procedures. This position will be reporting to the Project Director.
- The Finance Manager will be supported by our Finance team (Regional Controller, two Regional Finance Managers and two Finance Specialists) from our Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- This is a full-time position in Abuja, Nigeria, and has an anticipated initial term of one year with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years subject to additional project funding and RTI approval.
- Illustrative tasks are included in scope of work below, but individual may be assigned additional tasks as required.
The Finance Manager will:
- Preparing and submitting monthly financial statements, expenditure reports, and pipeline estimates.
- Ensuring timely submission of expense reports.
- Supporting documentation of bank reconciliations and wire in transfer requests to corporate headquarters.
- Preparing biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciling cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances, including managing and monitoring the petty cash system.
- Ensuring contractual and financial integrity of project’s procurements.
- Administering payroll and filing appropriate statutory payments and reports.
- Coordinating with project staff in Nigeria and RTI Regional and Home Office support services to ensure all RTI Home Office needs (reporting, financial, administrative, etc. are met.
- Reviewing and ensuring that all expense (consultant, travel, etc.) activities meet the policies and practices of RTI and CDC.
Qualifications and Experience
- M.Sc + 6 years or B.Sc + 8 years of experience in Finance, Management, Economics, Public Accounting / Administration, or Certified Public Accounting
- At least 3 years serving in a senior management capacity with Finance and Operations.
- Demonstrated experience working with donor-funded projects in finance, operations and / or administration preferred.
- Experience working on USG-funded projects (CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, MCC) is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong management experience including budget development and oversight, and financial reporting
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to create and maintain effective working relations with a variety of project partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- We offer a highly competitive renumeration.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via: hreth[email protected]
- Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.