Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
Finance Manager, Tax
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for Tax functions within the Company by Leading the Tax team to facilitate efficient tax strategies to reduce the Company tax exposure while remaining compliant with generally accepted accounting principles and the law.
- Assist the Company to create tax strategies to reduce the Company tax exposure while remaining compliant with generally accepted accounting principles and the law.
- Assisting the Company to interpret and understand tax laws and must occasionally explain tax law and its implications to the Company.
- Working with the Company’s tax Consultants in preparation of information for tax filings and audits.
- Preparing and filing taxes, financial planning, attending and participating in strategy meetings for the Company to understand tax implications of its actions.
- Preparing presentations and reports on tax situations, reporting, and law, and researching and reviewing past tax filings.
- Review of contracts before execution and follow through to ensure the appropriate taxes are applied and deducted.
- Supervise the monthly payroll computation and advice on payment to relevant regulatory agencies as regards payroll deductions.
- Analyse and evaluate the direct and indirect taxes, and levies and ensure remittances are done within the provided timeline to avoid incidence of penalties and interest for non-compliance with tax obligations.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and timely submission of monthly and annual tax filings, and periodic reporting obligations.
- Manage tax audits effectively and efficiently through the appointed tax consultants’ end provide measure to minimise cost of compliance.
- Ensure all reporting timelines are met.
- Any other duty as may be directed by the Finance Director.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Reporting to: EHOD, Finance
- Internal: All Staff
- External: Banks, Vendors, Clients.
- A graduate of accountancy or any related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper/Upper Credit
- Possession of an MBA/Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Experience: ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 7 years cognate experience.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge of Nigerian Tax and its business application preferably from a Telecommunication, manufacturing company or any of the big four accounting firm.
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to take ownership and leadership of task.
- Good communication, presentation and people management skills.
- Very comfortable with Microsoft office applications and SAGE Accounting Packages.
- Must have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Must be able to multitask
- Organizational skills
- Team Leadership Experience
- Financial and Quantitative Analysis skills
- Strategic / Big Picture Thinking
- Relationship Management skills
- Contract Management skills.
3pm; 3rd April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.