Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 8 months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
The Finance Officer will be specifically responsible for:
- Finance – The daily financial operations (accounting, financial management, budget monitoring, reporting, and accounting package, familiarize himself/herself on Insight applications of the office (QuickBooks) and ensure that the financial accounting environment follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations & National/State requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Finance / Accounting:
- Ensure that the financial accounting environment in the Office follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local legal requirements.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Specialist to ensure the disbursement Requests are in line with the authorization matrix and process them at appropriate level.
- Assist with the review liquidation requests submitted by partners and ensure the liquidation documentation is in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with AHSF and donor requirements.
- Keep informed about local fiscal and other financial laws related to taxes and exemptions; inform the Head of Office and NW Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that the financial accounting environment in the Local Office follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local legal requirements.
- Prepare Disbursement Requests for next level authority approvals and process them at appropriate level.
- Keep informed about local fiscal and other financial laws related to taxes and exemptions; inform the Head of Office and North East Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Prepare request and send request for Operation staff and for the sub-office for approval.
- Will make recommendations to the head of program on items to be disposed of and prepare list of items for auctioning when directed.
- Facilitate effective Coordination, understanding and cooperation between the Operations department and Program Department.
- Serve as a liaison with donors on matters related to the program to ensure financial and programmatic accountability to donors
- Participate in donor meetings and communicate relevant information to Finance Director and Country Director when called upon to do so
- Assist in activities to ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community
- Participate in the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
- The Finance and Admin. Officer WILL be based in Sokoto State.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any Management related course, professional certification inclusive ICAN, ACA, ANAN.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields; Accounting, any Management course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the ’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
26th January 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT). In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of AHSFV, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other state.