Job Type: Finance Officer
Location: Gombe Balanga LGA
Scope of Role
This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Project Team Lead in Gombe state.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirement, timelines and templates
- Communication with donors on the project budget and financial reports
- Responsible for accurate Posting and coding of PVs, journals and RVs
- Prepare bank reconciliations statements
- Ensure security of financial information including hard copy supporting documents and data base backups.
- Review activity budgets prepared by technical team
- Prepare monthly financial management and reports and analysis on variances
- Support with any donor audit on the project
- Prepare and post payroll information
- Participate in procurements meetings
- Verify timesheets and hours worked by project staff
- Ensure that all financial transactions have adequate and auditable supporting
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma, National Diploma, (accounting business administration or any, social sciences)
- Candidates must have at least 1 years of progressive experience working in a similar position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
- Excellent IT skills
- Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa languages
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letter in one documents, addressing the position requirements with their locations to [email protected] and Copy [email protected]
All applicants must include the position title in the subject line
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
We are equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Location: Gombe state (Balanga LGA)
Donor: Save the Children International
NOTE: Applicants must be Residents of Gombe State ONLY
About Kishimi Shelter and Care Foundation (KSCF)
This is a Save the children International (SCI) Project funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Kishimi shelter and care foundation (KSCF). Titled: “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make Informed choices for their health (REACH) in Balanga LGA, Gombe
State. Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognized and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programs currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, the project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states.
To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives.
(1) Improving access to high quality, gender- sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys;
(2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and
(3)Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.