Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The Finance Officer will provide support and guidance to the project on all tasks related to accounting and finance.
- S/He will also be responsible for budget planning and providing strategic partnership to the project by proffering insights and financial advice that will allow the Management Team to make viable business decisions.
- Contribute to the assessment of budgetary needs; monitor and control project expenditure
- Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets
- Review vouchers and project disbursements for accuracy
- Provide financial status reports to a supervisor
- Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts
- Maintain control over the project filing systems to ensure complete and organized accounting files, especially with regard to original procurement documents and personnel salary files
- Employ financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all program expenses are in accordance with 360HSDC and donors’ financial policies, procedures and rules and regulations;
- Ensure the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections and submission of monthly financial reports to 360HSDC HQ
- Regularly prepare and present financial reports, analysis, and recommendations concerning relevant financial issues
- Provide assistance with internal or external audit requirements
- Review all procurement actions, including procurement under grants, to ensure full and open competition to the greatest extent possible
- Identify and recommend improvements that could streamline implementation processes in the areas of accounting, finance and budgeting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field is required; an advanced degree from a recognized institution will be an advantage.
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated financial accounting experience in a structured organization; previous experience with an international nonprofit organization will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting software such as QuickBooks Pro Accounting Software, Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR funded award is required
- Proficiency in Excel software required
- A high degree of integrity, accountability, energy and flexibility
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Finance Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Address your Application letter to:
The Recruitment Team,
Idmibok International (360HSDC),
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.