Job Title: Finance Officer Plan International | Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate financial information and ensure that Grants expenditures are in line with specific FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to the Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will contribute towards grant and financial management of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan International Niger project implementing partners
- Monitor the budget of the Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state
- Support financial reporting on the Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state
Area of Responsibility
- Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state Accountabilities
- Assist with the grants set-up in SAP.
- Support the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Track grantee contractual obligations, e.g., pre-award conditions
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare the annual grants budgets for the project.
- Support the KP06 budget preparation and periodic upload in SAP.
Capacity Building and Support:
- Provide technical assistance in terms of accounting (use of SAP), financial management, financial policy formulation, and systems of internal control to all partners/grantees to ensure compliance in terms with donor rules and regulations.
- Support the assessments of partner/grantee organizations as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Review partner budget and provide support and guidance where necessary including the monitoring and interpretation of project budgets versus actual expenditures.
- Support train staff and partners on donor policies, rules and regulations.
- Facilitate timely partner advance request and liquidation in SAP.
- Review Partners/grantee liquidation and recommend for approval.
- Conduct and document regular partner visits to ensure compliance with grant agreement.
- Ensure receipt of timely and accurate accounting and financial reports from partners.
- Monitor the partner burn rate and offer timely advice to the partner and programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
- Monitor and track grants related performance measurement indicators and liaise with Finance Manager & Grants Coordinator to implement strategies to improve performance.
- Explain donor requirements and organizational financial policy & procedures to staff and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and review on a monthly basis, donor-specific bank reconciliation statements and receipts/deposits reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of financial reports based on donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports.
- Periodically update the financial reporting matrix.
- Ensure that partners used the standard reporting templates and formats for their reports.
- Prepare the monthly Project burn rate – expenditure traffic tracker.
- Prepare the monthly Project cost recovery tracker.
- Support the preparation of the Project funding/grant tracker.
- Prepare the Projects expenditure tracker.
- Support the CO in recharging costs to the Project
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Safeguarding and other Policies at all times.
- Ensure that filing of travel advances, per diem calculations and travel reconciliation forms are reviewed;
- Ensure that all travel and purchase advances are liquidated on time.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Finance Manager and/or the Finance Manager-Development.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in donor funds grants administration.
- Experience working with sub-grantees required.
- Fluency in local language and English required.
- Preferred qualifications: knowledge of and experience with the key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience providing capacity development assistance to sub-grantees strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Provides good and adequate support to enable programmes to meet it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply