Title: Finance Officer | Catholic Relief Services | Location: Abuja
Finance Officer – (Nigeria Nationals only) – (200000C9)Description
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will help coordinate and support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Insight financial accounting package.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare various, periodic and ad hoc financial reports, as needed, and perform variance analyses to assist with decision-making and proper management of financial resources.
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and support capacity strengthening.
- Perform assigned treasury (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, as long as segregation of duties is ensured.
Required Languages – English.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Education and Experience
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting,
- Qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CPA).
- Minimum of three years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented Ability to work collaboratively.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager(s), Project Grant Accountants, Finance Officers, Deputy CR
External: External Auditor(s) and Donor Representative(s)
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: CARO-NG-Federal Capital Territory: FinanceOrganization: Catholic Relief ServicesSchedule: RegularShift: Standard Type: Full-timeDay Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply