Title: Finance & Operations Manager | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full-time | Deloitte
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies.
- The Finance & Operations Manager (Consulting, West Africa) will have overall accountability and responsibility in the Practice Finance & Operations matters. These include but not limited to forecasting, budgeting, assisting with weekly and monthly Leadership Committee monthly results meetings, modelling of internal KPIs, resource management, utilization measurement, deal pricing, business development support and WIP & debtors’ management.
- S / he will have the opportunity to work closely with the leadership, finance team and risk team to ensure that all reporting and insight is delivered to the relevant parties in the business. S/he will also have the opportunity to contribute to running and driving initiatives across the Consulting BU broader Finance function, acting as a conduit to Finance.
- Additionally, s / he will support the Consulting Leader and Consulting Portfolio Leadership with West Africa Consulting level analysis, modelling and reporting into the broader Africa Consulting business.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science / Humanities courses or Business course with a minimum of second class upper degree / upper credit.
- Possess relevant professional certification(s). MBA will be an added advantage
- 5 – 10 years of accounting / financial analysis experience in a consulting/advisory environment is a plus
- Several years of post-qualified experience in financial performance management roles.
- Ability to influence across multiple levels and multiple functional teams
- Strong commercial mind-set and a proven ability to impact commercial and profitable decisions
- A good understanding of the critical drivers and business issues which impact on the Firm
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to work under pressure
- Willing to be as hands-on as the situation requires
- Ability to manage and motivate a team, instilling a culture of responsibility, accountability and continuous improvement
- Experience with Excel models, formula, packaged solutions (e.g. SAP, customized applications), tools for resource management, etc.
- Highly advanced understanding of costing and pricing
- Strong analytical skills, experience in supporting business case development, forecasting, and variance analysis required
- Reliable quality and risk management exposure
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills; required proficiency in Excel. Proficiency in Power BI is an added advantage
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intellectual curiosity and result-driven
- Ability to query and organize from multiple sources and platforms
- Personal credibility and ethical values
- Good team management skills
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships at all levels and across the workplace
- Enthusiasm for change and receptive to new ideas
- Ability to think creatively, work independently, be part of a team to solve problems given limited resources and time, and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to teach and develop talent.
Strategy Consumer and Marketing:
- Strategic and Business Design, Mergers and Acquisitions, Customer and Applied Design, Advertising, Marketing and Commerce, Digital Customer
Core Business Operations:
- Operations Transformation, Industry Solutions (Experience in Financial Services, Telecommunications and Technology, Consumer and Industrial Products and Oil and Gas are a plus), Systems Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Analytics and Cognitive
- HR Transformation, Organization Transformation, Workforce Transformation
Enterprise Technology and Performance:
- Finance and Performance, Supply Chain and Network Operations, Technology Strategy and Transformation, ERP: SAP, Emerging ERP Solutions.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply