Title: Finance Support Officer (M / F) | Location: Maiduguri, Borno | Medecins du Monde (MdM)
Type: Fixed-term Contract (0 – 3 months)
Starting Date: May 10, 2021
- Under the supervision of the finance coordinator, you are responsible for the management of the mission budget tool as well as its ownership and adequate use by the different teams.
- You ensure training and capacity building of the finance team, while working closely with the coordination team and the HQ finance manager.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Train and coach finance staff on accounting aspects
- Support the finance and compliance manager and ensure the accounting system/management is accurate and in line with policies
- Support and train finance staff on administrative documents filing and archiving
- Ensure that the digital recording/archiving of the accountancy is implemented
- Ensure accuracy of the budget follow-up and forecast figures and formulas
- Revise and ensure proper financial plan in collaboration with the finance coordinator
- Participate in the 2021 budget revision exercice
- Participate to the monthly project reviews and provide input from budget follow-up and forecast to the field teams
- Support and train teams on monthly budget forecast
- Provide on job training on the use of budget follow-up and forecast to programme and support teams
- Contribute to the finance department set-up review and restructuring
- Participate in recruitment processes when requested
- Conduct staff induction and training as per protocols
Communication and reporting:
- Ensure regular meetings with the finance coordinator and the HQ finance manager
- Elaborate financial reports in close collaboration with the programme team and transfer them to the finance coordinator for validation
- Participate in the budget proposal/amendment under the supervision of the finance coordinator.
- University Degree in Accounting, Economics or any related field
- Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position with international NGO Previous experience with MdM an asset
- Experience in multi donors’ budgets and multi-country grants
- Experience in training and capacity-building
- Leadership and supportive management style
- Taste for challenging living and working conditions
- Reactivity, adaptable, initiative
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Knowledge of pack Office Knowledge of Saga
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory.
- French is an asset.
Gross Monthly Salary / Benefits
- 2,575 euros. Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee) Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility .