Pettysave | Title: Financial Accountant | Location: Lagos
Type: Full Time
Pettysave is a technology company that builds economic and internet infrastructure to aid people in their path to financial freedom.
- The Finance team is responsible for all aspects of the financial, statutory and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls and business support. Our dynamic team is expanding, and we’re looking for experienced accountants to support our goals of scaling the accounting function for the future. We operate in a fast-paced environment and collaborate significantly with international and cross-functional teams.
- A Financial Accountant will support the processing and reporting of financial results.
- Participate in building scalable accounting processes to support global growth
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support.
- Partner with management, Product, Engineering, Legal and Growth teams to support internal financial systems process improvements and automation and to advise on accounting implications
- Research and prepare technical accounting analyses for new accounting pronouncements and/or business initiatives
- Design, implement and execute efficient internal control procedures
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedural documentation
Requirements and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- B.A. or B.S degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven experience in the monthly close process and exposure to accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Solution-oriented mindset with enthusiasm for establishing best practices
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the technology or asset management industry.
- SQL experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply