Title: Financial Controller | Location: Yola – Adamawa | Type: Full-time | Tpinnae Hospitality Concept (THIS)
Reports To: HotelGeneralManager/ Managing Director
- The Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounts department, like preparation and management of the hotels financial budgets, implementing and overseeing all activities relating to the financial aspects of the hotel in compliance with the local tax laws and also by the hotel’s SOP’s.
- Additionally, responsible for the financial analysis, reporting,budgeting,forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control. Etc. Also, ensure the safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the financialstatusof the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the properties overall accounting and financial management requirements.
- Responsible to represent the finance department during daily morning HOD meetings.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance of the hotel.
- Responsible to support and liaise with the General Manager in meeting the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthlyforecasts, operating results.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Responsible to liaise with the hotel owner or managing director of the organisation.
- Able to prepare and submits management reports in a timely manner and also ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
- Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotelassets.
- Able to assists proactively with cost control requirements.
- Able to assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
- Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations.
- Able to develop specific goals andplansto prioritise, organise and accomplish the work.
- Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within Finance and Accounting Department.
- Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensuring that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- File the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
- Monitor and improve hotels operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensures profits and losses aredocumentedaccurately.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognising the contributions of team members.
- Provides excellent leadershipby differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and also able to encourages work/life balance.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Responsible to ensure disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotels standard.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
- Qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Similar or 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or similar major.
- At least 5 to 10 years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations in an up-scale (4/5 Star)hospitalityenvironment.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
- Top 15 Countries To Migrate To For Job Opportunities / Economic ProsperityIn this article, we will be talking about countries that you can migrate to… Read more »