Job Title: Financial Operations Officer
- We are seeking an organized and driven operations officer that will effectively develop and enact company policies and increase efficiency of operations for our organization. Candidate must be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills and an outstanding business intellect.
- The Operations Officer performs administrative, reconciliation and customer service duties. He/she will work with clients by answering their queries and giving account updates.
- Among reconciliation functions, He/she is also expected to do record keeping, and reconciling bank accounts and other transactions. He/she also help identify customer requirements and various technological solutions and engage in IT projects, from development to testing. He/she will Work with various stakeholders to understand operational and transactional issues and to develop solutions.
- It is his/her responsibility to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other staff to increase growth and expansion opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
- He/she is expected to give needed assistance to the Head, Operations in ensuring the smooth running of the organization’s day-to-day activities.
- He/she is also expected to provide support to other departments to meet customers demand.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Maintains archival and financial administrative files
- Daily reconciliation of all internal ledgers to ensure accuracy
- Ensures timely resolution of all clientТs complaints in line with agreed turnaround time
- Ensure all operational duties are completed on a daily basis.
- Assists in accounts payable and bank reconciliation.
- Perform account maintenance for members who want to change their products
- Assessing customer needs and introduce new products and services
- Manage risk in every transaction and detect fraudulent transactions to prevent losses
- Ensure accurate and timely upload of customersТ information into the core application.
- Prepares weekly and monthly operations report
- Ensuring that transactions are cleared and settled correctly
- Managing day-to-day banking processes
- Checking daily transaction reports
- Perform daily account maintenance, generate reports, prepare correspondence and special projects as assigned
- Organize and track investment documents and applications
- Ensures the safekeeping of all cash and negotiable instruments.
- Ensures that all reports, records and other valuables for the office are cleared and properly secured in the safe before leaving the premises for the day.
- Follows proper internal controls designed to prevent fraud and misappropriation of assets.
- Suggest new and better ways of improving information gathering and input into the core application
- Providing assistance in planning for new and improved processes as at when required.
- Manages the core application as itТs relates to inputs of clients data to ensure accuracy.
- Pinpointing ways of improving and developing systems
- Ratifying data flows and ensuring accuracy (operations control)
- Ensure smooth coordinating of systems testing.
- Assist team in preparing variety of document and presentations including memos and presentations in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Ensures other staff of the department receive necessary working tools
- Ensures operations staff adhere to the standards of member service established by management.
- Provides guidance and training to Operations department personnel, as required
- May be called upon to train employees in area of expertise.
- Adheres to SLAs and communicating appropriately to internal clients.
- Ensures that all procedures and controls are fully documented, fit for purpose, appropriately communicated and adhered to.
- Reports any breach of all policies and procedures to the Head, Operations immediately.
- Continually reviews policies and procedures to identify opportunities to improve service capabilities and operational effectiveness.
- Maintain operational files according to retention and compliance guidelines.
- Perform financial analysis and develop models using indepth analytical techniques for portfolio and client companies
- Identify attractive investment opportunities
- Assist the Head, Operations to forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Handles all aspects of In-house investment portfolios.
- Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
- Prepare or monitor companyТs various cash flow forecasts
- Recommend process improvements.
- Support and participate in the OrganizationТs Strategic Plan activities.
- An Operations Officer job involves planning and supervising all the operational functions of a company
- An Operations Officer is responsible for all administrative functions, including operations, management, process improvement, identifying various compliance issues and strategic planning and development.
Job Competencies (a job analysis must be conducted to determine what skills an employee needs to be successful on the role):
- 5+ years experience in operations preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and other operational software
- Diligent and proactive
- Respectful of deadlines
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good internal relationship building.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail.
Deadline: May 1st 2020.
Norrenberger is an Integrated Financial Services Group (Licensed & Regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) that operates a customer-focused business model offering clients a comprehensive range of financial products& services including Funds & Investment Management, Structured & Alternative Finance, SME Funding, Foreign Exchange and Business Advisory Services.