Job Title: Chief Financial Officer | Location: Lagos | First Cardiology Consultants (FCC)
First Cardiology Consultants (FCC) is a company created with a vision to be the avant-garde providers of cardiology and cardiovascular services of the highest quality in Nigeria.
Purpose of Position
- The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing, monitoring, and coordinating all of the hospital’s financial activities and interacts with top management and the Board of Directors of the hospital.
- The CFO will prepare and update long-range forecasting for the hospital and its financial network and advise and educate management on all aspects which financially impact the day-to-day operations of the hospital.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Credit Control
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Develop and administer the following activities for the Hospital:
- Financial reports both internal and external;
- Financial policies, procedures and systems;
- Reimbursement strategies, reports and appeals;
- Budgeting systems for both operating and capital budgets
- Tax returns and tax planning;
- Financial analysis of new programs, acquisitions and business development;
- Patient financial services, including receivables management and patient admissions processes; and Disbursements (payroll and accounts payable) processing.
- Provide financial information and consultation to management.
- Interpret current financial trends and respond with the appropriate action.
- Ensure compliance with covenants incorporated in financing documents.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with third parties.
- Participate in professional associations and community service activities.
- Lead and facilitate organizational planning for changing reimbursement methodologies.
- Lead or facilitate strategies and steps for cost containment within the organization.
- Recruit, retain and develop staff to ensure that qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned by the Board and management from time-to-time.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Interact with all departments of the organization.
- Interact with the Board, Suppliers and Vendors, Banks, External Auditors, Insurance Companies, Health Management Services Provider, Pension Fund Administrators and Custodians, NSITF, ITF.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of B.Sc (Hons) 2nd Class Lower
- Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (Having trained with a Big 4 accounting firm will be an advantage)
- At least 5 years of work experience in public accounting or finance function of a healthcare business
- Taxation (Personal Income Tax, Companies’ Income Tax, Value Added Tax)
- Oral and written communication
- Microsoft Certified User
- Character free of doubt
- Emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, initiative, self-motivation
- Ability to adapt in fast-changing environment
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply