Job Title: Front Desk Officer | Accor Group – Mercure | Job details : Job TypePermanen
Mercure (A brand in the Accor group)
About the Mercure Brand:
Every Mercure is a portal to a destination. Its staff are genuinely knowledgeable about the city and every detail of the decor tells a story about the location and its cultural heritage. While every Mercure hotel is unique, all share the same passion for high-quality services. So from the moment our guests step inside a Mercure – be it in Paris, Rio or Bangkok – they are immersed in their destination. Mercure: travel made authentic.
Mercure is a midscale hotel brand specialized in traditional hotels managed by committed hoteliers, and owned by Accor. Created in 1973 in France, the brand was acquired by Accor in 1975. Mercure manages 810 hotels in 63 countries.
Front Desk Officer
We are looking for a Hotel Front Desk Agent to serve as our guests’ first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation.
Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations, and providing information about rooms, rates, and amenities. If you have a knack for customer service and work experience in the hotel industry, we’d like to meet you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
Manage online and phone reservations
Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates, and amenities
Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
Other Skills Education And Experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a receptionist with a reputable hotel brand
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using Opera PMS
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- An OND from a recognized institution but a first degree will be preferable
- Attractive Salaries: Our goal is to acknowledge our employees’ skills and performance, while at the same time respecting the principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
To ensure our salaries are competitive, we regularly conduct surveys of local markets and specialized firms. This enables us to provide personalized and motivational support for all our teams to facilitate and encourage their development.
- Regular Support: Meeting in a calm setting, conducting an appraisal, and setting targets is a valuable process, both for managers and employees. Several meetings or discussions are held throughout the year to facilitate dialogue and motivate teams.
- Wellness for all: With operations over 63 countries, we strive to ensure the well-being, health, and safety of all our teams. Accor is extremely attentive to its employees and their loved ones.
With this in mind, in accordance with local welfare systems, the country in question, and market practices, the Group implements healthcare expenses, personal protection, and retirement plans to provide unfailing support and engagement.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply