Title: FSL Database Officer | Location: Monguno, Borno | ACTED | Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-4 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible
- In light of the displacement in the northeastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Monguno to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a Database Officer to support its mission in Borno State.
- The design and management of operational databases and data sheets
- Code and work with ODK and Kobo applications for Android platforms
- Maintaining updated program databases
- Entering data provided into the appropriate software AND data analysis
- Ability to create a formal site monitoring tool for handheld devices (phones, tablets), site residence database and monthly demographic reports
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in / out camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Maintaining the beneficiaries’ database updating this database daily based on new arrivals and new departures
- Promptly complying with requests for demographic information by ACTED’s FOOD DISTRIBUTION team and by other partners/stakeholders
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Create and maintain distribution muster roll and reporting tools
- Installing and maintaining a small computer network (server + 3 to 6). Resolving issues in all IT related distribution registration
- Any other tasks assigned.
- Completion of a University Degree in Statistics / IT / Computer Sciences, or closely related field
- Languages: English required (Hausa and Kanuri – added advantage)
- Experienced with use of Excel, Access, SPSS, and other statistical packages.
- Minimum of 3 years of computer based software development and data / information management with NGO ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs
- Experience in MIS / Data Management
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office, ODK, and Kobo
- Technical skills in using tablets/cells and Android devices for data collection
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights
- Commitment to promoting gender equality
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions.
14th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and telephone no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.