Job Title: General Manager (Freight Forwarding / NVOCC)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The General Manager (Freight Forwarding/NVOCC) will have the ability and vision of the business to set up effective long-term strategies and direction that successfully navigates the start-up business through competitive waters.
- This includes significant development of new clients to sell our logistics and supply Chain services, as well as building strong/long-term customer relations.
- Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, identifying and managing new and existing customers, overseeing daily operations including general sales and sales forecasting, planning the use of materials and staff, and responsibility for the general health and safety standards of the facility.
- Completion, filing and reporting of all required business forms, licenses and other legal documents required in the establishment and conduct of the business entity.
- Build all channels to generate sales pipelines and long-term customer relationships to foster revenue generation and growth opportunities.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Participate in building company’s reputation in the industry.
- Efficiently manage projects and resources in a way that ensures this is achieved on schedule.
- Have professional knowledge of all the company’s products, including basic construction and have the ability to demonstrate the end use.
- Manage staff in compliance with Company and State/Federal policies, regulations and laws; prepare work schedule and assign duties in consonance with established
- Determine staffing requirements, train new employees, and work with the HR department to interview, and hire new employees
- Review sales activity reports, and other performance data, to measure productivity and goal achievement for use in executing required actions in cost reduction and program improvements.
- Establishing and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in harmony with Company, State and Federal policies, laws and/or regulations.
- Oversee activities directly related to making and sourcing products, and providing services, such as a helpline, where relevant.
- Direct and coordinate the company’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, increase efficiency and deliver on agreed upon financial goals. Help prepare financial reports as needed by the Group and Corporate Finance Department
- Determine services to be sold, and assist in setting prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- Ensuring KPI targets are met/exceeded
- Collaboration across teams including Commercial, Operations, Ferries and Customs
- Play an active role in working alongside the relevant commercial and customs and ferries teams to support on the onboarding of new customers in to the Reload business. Ensure that detailed SOPs and are established and managed through any related hyper-care in conjunction with the team.
- Set up monthly calls with suppliers to ensure aligned on current service levels and drive improvements across the account/s
- Carry out/join monthly/quarterly formal reviews with customers as required
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Management team on service delivery performance and cross-sell/up-sell opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Management course.
- MSC / MBA or Certifications in Logistics / Supply chain will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years of experience in sales of international freight forwarding services.
- Industry Knowledge and ability to present related information in a way that makes sense to all audiences, organizations and/or groups to foster full appreciation for offered services.
- Be capable to build good relationships with customers at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills: Outgoing, positive, engaging in conversation and willing to give up your free time to interact with the public. This requires the skill of public speaking and the ability to speak comfortably in front of a group.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- A good team player.
N200,000 – N300,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.