Title: Global eCompliance & Digital Quality SAP Manager | ID: 292471 | Location: Agbara, Ogun (Lagos) | GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
- The eCompliance and Digital Quality Manager for SAP in Consumer Healthcare will have primary responsibility for providing subject matter support for the compliant implementation, validation and maintenance of all ERP application software in CH.
- This person shall also provide strategic input and lifecycle support to the deployment of all GxP software, including digital innovations that may interface to any ERP application within Consumer Healthcare (CH).
- This role will assist the eCompliance and Digital Quality Lead in support of the upgrade and implementation of the CH Quality Management System (QMS) where it impacts GxP systems which also includes Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) to assure it is aligned with regulatory expectation.
- The role will provide subject matter guidance and representation for all applicable CH initiatives as and when requested.
- The role shall support the eCompliance team to ensure that digital software operates within the framework of applicable health authority regulations (including but not limited to: Code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR part 11, Eudralex Regulations Annex 11, EN 13485 & EN 62304). In parallel all global policies and procedures shall be aligned with regulatory expectation and best practice.
- This role will need to keep pace with the latest industry technology that impacts CH, including but not limited to Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Digital Transformation to support the internal development and process improvements relating to the CH QMS.
As the Quality and Compliance Authority for GxP software, including digital applications that impact medical devices, this person shall:
- Ensure that the companies’ policies and procedures for the specification, purchase, development and implementation of all ERP related enterprise applications and GxP systems are ‘fit for purpose’
- Act as a single point of contact (SPOC) for quality governance regarding the procurement of GxP computerized systems and digital applications, providing subject matter review and approval of key documents for the full lifecycle from implementation through to retirement for CH
- Coordinate, enforce and follow up on all activities which impact the validated status of computerized systems within CH, and assist with global and local electronic compliance issues
- Provide the necessary subject matter support for all audit types in CH. Audits may include but not be limited to due diligence, regulatory, supplier and internal assessments that impact the GxP systems and digital applications
- Maintain customer service relations and develop and sustain professional relationships that reflect commitment to GSK shared values. Foster communication and coordination across the CH eCompliance team and digital innovation
- Support global initiatives related to this subject matter (e.g.: Data Integrity)
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for GxP computerized systems within CH, including digital applications that impact SaMD, this person shall independently determine and pursue courses of action to obtain desired functional and business objectives in the following areas:
- Support the Global eCompliance & Digital Quality Lead with the production and maintenance of quality related procedures and material which impact CH
- Provide subject matter support to System Owners, third parties who develop and support Digital Applications, Service Providers and vendors
- Assist the Global eCompliance & Digital Quality Lead in maintaining the Global System Register
- Support Inspection Readiness, including ISO Accreditation preparation, in close collaboration with Audit Coordinator(s); providing subject matter related support for follow up and/or remediation actions related to regulatory inspections.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical industry with specific experience in Medical Devices, Quality Assurance, Quality Management, or IT Governance.
- Profound knowledge in GxP Systems and software and electronic data which impact cGMPs, GLP, GCP, GDP, Eudralex, Code of Federal Regulations and in Data Integrity within computer validation and digital applications.
- Familiarity with the validation and maintenance of Digital Applications, Enterprise Systems, Process and Distributed Control Systems, Laboratory and Clinical Systems and/or software
- Good understanding of the key expectations of the guideline documents supplied by FDA & MHRA, PIC/S and ISPE (GAMP).
- Quality Management
- Project Management
- Audit, e.g. Software Suppliers
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Software as a Medical Device (SaMD)
- Change Control, Deviation and CAPA Management
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (oral and written) and ability to negotiate and influence ‘best practice’ through positive communication with all business areas, data science, senior management, system owners, third party support organizations such as Digital, Technology, Off Shore Support and complementary workers
- Demonstrated proficiency and thorough knowledge of computer system validation (CSV) as defined by health authorities (FDA, EMEA, ICH), industry groups and the GSK QMS
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary environments
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Commitment to GSK shared values with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Results driven with a strong customer and quality focus
- Willingness to travel – sometimes at short notice
- Strong ability to motivate people and to negotiate win-win solutions in a matrix-oriented organization
- Ability to make decisions, evaluate risks and define and execute action plans
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to solve problems
- Fluent English required (written and spoken). Additional languages are a plus.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 18th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
- When applying for this role, please use the ‘Cover Letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
- During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
- If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions.
- We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email to: [email protected]