Job vacancies at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) in Nigeria
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
Job Vacancies at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition GAIN Recruitment
December 1, 2022.
Junior Associate, Enhancing Access to Safe and Nutritious Diets (ENSAND) at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
November 25, 2022
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Job Title: Junior Associate, Enhancing Access to Safe and Nutritious Diets (ENSAND) Location: AbujaContract Type: Fixed TermClassification: E2 – Junior AssociateDuration: 48 MonthsTravel Required: 30%… Read more here
Project Manager, CASADE at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
August 4, 2022
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Job Title: Project Manager, CASADE Location: Abuja, Nigeria Duration: 60 MonthsContract Type: Fixed TermClassification: Grade 4Travel Work required: Up to 30% Overall purpose The (Catalyzing Strengthened… Read more here
Consultant – Collation of Priority Actions at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
August 4, 2022
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) | Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Job Title: Terms of Reference for Consultant to Identify Priority Nutrition – Sensitive Agriculture Development Action From… Read more here
Administrative Driver at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
July 7, 2022
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Job Title: Administrative Driver Location: AbujaContract Type: Fixed TermDuration: 24 MonthsClassification: Grade 1Travel Required: 30% Overall Purpose The Driver will support to provide driving services… Read more here
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 36 Months
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: Grade 4
Direct reports: 1 – 5
Travel required: 25%
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- The Project Manager Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) will have overall responsibility for the leadership including the design, development, implementation and management of all GAIN Nigeria projects under the SBN programme.
- The SBN is one of four global networks within the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement which supports 61 Countries, including Nigeria, to develop a multi-stakeholder approach to nutrition. The SBN Nigeria’s ambition is to increase the availability and affordability of safe, nutritious foods in Nigeria through:
- Convening and organizing business around national nutrition priorities
- Assessing the challenges and opportunities facing businesses in scaling up their actions and investments in nutrition and facilitating partnerships at national and global level to support national businesses
- Improving the enabling environment to incentivize business to take action on nutrition, fostering strong links and partnerships for the SBN Nigeria with SUN’s Civil Society, Donor and UN networks, along with the Government of Nigeria
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), the UN World Food Programme (WFP) co-convenes the SBN at global level. GAIN Nigeria hosts the secretariat of the SBN Nigeria and works closely with the SUN Government Focal Point and other SUN Networks in Nigeria.
- The SBN Nigeria Project Manager will be supported with tools and guidance by the SBN Global team.
- The SBN Project Manager will be directly responsible for the implementation of all related workstreams including financial management.
- Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, the SBN Project Manager will work closely with the SBN Global Lead and teams, the Senior Manager Finance and Administration, other country based Project Managers, Technical Specialists, Knowledge Leadership (KL) teams and support staff to achieve high-level program quality and effectiveness through evidence-based work and to ensure compliance.
- This position is part of the Nigeria Programme Leadership Group (PMG) and the postholder is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on strategic programmatic areas and issues, supporting communication and implementation of agreed decisions.