Job Title: Accountant | Location: Ologolo Road, Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time | Carter Tech Development Limited
Carter Tech Development Limited is a building and construction company and we are currently looking to recruit a trustworthy and qualified candidate to fill the position above.
- Oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions. Prepare and analyze complex financial records and reports to ensure the business is running efficiently. Responsible for the reduction of company financial overhead and increase profits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial data.
- Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
- Presenting data to managers, investors, and other entities.
- Maintaining accurate financial records.
- Performing audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Assisting management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts
- Performs monthly and annual financial closes including account analysis, reconciliations and adjustments.
- Analyses financial statements for discrepancies and suggests ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Establish cost standards for material, inventory and labour and update as appropriate.
- Compares and reports standard costs to actual production costs and analyses productions costs to recommend changes.
- Prepares documentation for External Auditors, and assists with tax audits and tax returns.
- Coordinate daily accounting activities reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 0 – 4 years experience.
- Applicant must be a female.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 0-3 years of related experience
- Special licenses or certification may be required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Sage, Reach tree and other accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Ethical behaviour.
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.