Job Title: Assistant Field Officer | United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) | Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Applicants must be nationals of, and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
Duties and Qualifications
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- In co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Submit recommendation for protection interventions to the designated officer.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
The closing date for submission of applications is 02 July 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Application Closing Date
02 July 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply