The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) | Job Location: Lagos | Job Title: Audit Trainees
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No.15 of 1965 to regulate the practice of Accountancy Profession in Nigeria and to set standards to be attained by persons seeking to be members of the profession.
From its modest beginning with 250 members and a history of serving the public interest since 1965, the Institute has become Africa’s largest Professional Accounting Organization representing over 46,000 Chartered Accountants and 23,000 Associate Accounting Technicians who are very talented, ethically committed professionals working in every sphere of the Nigerian economy, combining unrivalled knowledge and skills to support Businesses, Public Sector organizations, Academia, Not-for-Profits, Individuals and Communities to achieve their financial and strategic goals.
- Engaging in Audit exercises and representing client at Tax meetings with FIRS and LIRS.
- To keep records of all clients files and confidential document etc.
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Director of Audit
- Plan, assign and manage the audits/verification visits and coordination of the follow up arising from same
- Review, edit and approve the reports arising from the above visits, prior to issue to confirm the accuracy of same and to ensure consistency
- Liaise with the Director of Audit in relation to any significant issues and manage the on-going development of appropriate reporting and data collection systems
- Co-ordinate the follow up procedures as required i.e. replies etc arising from the onsite verification/audits in order to ensure all reports are concluded on a timely basis
- Manage and review the overall audit/verification schedules to ensure they are regularly updated in a timely manner
- Prepare regular reports outlining the status of the reports against the audit plan as well as exception reporting detailing the outstanding issues
- Prepare regular summary reports for presentation to the respective internal meetings summarising the key issues highlighted during the course of the verification visits/audits of the individual programmes
- Manage the on-going reporting to the Board/Finance Subcommittee/respective Departments in relation to the results of the onsite verification visits/audits in conjunction with the Director of Audit
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply