Job Title: Business Banking Relationship Manager | Job Location: Lagos | Standard Chartered Bank
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good. See our Brand and Values
The Role Responsibilities & Our ideal Candidate
- Manage and Increase penetration of BB portfolio accounts assigned at branches
- Market and Sell BB products to BB clients through consultative approach and detailed understanding of customers’ business(es) and internal offerings to enhance revenues and profit.
- Improve customer experience and service delivery to BB clients under my portfolio as assigned
- Focus more on borrowing, trade, NGO, schools, general commerce and high revenue clients
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Engage NTB clients via leads sourced from Supplier & Buyer ecosystem, Alliances, Targeted lists and Store catchment with full range of Business banking (BB) products
- Activate NTB clients, and set up and educate clients on remote channel usage i.e., online, Client Centre, ATM; If client is high value, direct Business Banking Team to client
- Reactivate dormant accounts in portfolio
- Ensure all accounts in portfolio are qualified for RM management.
- Drive deepening activities with high value/potential clients using full range of BB products and collaboration with specialist
- Analysis of needs and provision of BB products and services
- Understand client businesses to ensure needs are met via BB products and Services by leveraging analytics backed next best conversations
- Maintain integrity of clients credit portfolio through effective monitoring, early action and remedial actions.
- Develop a feedback system which will adequately keep the Head BB Client Relationship & Sales abreast of key customer service developments, weakness and strengths in the competition via weekly call reports, that will effectively assist in overall BB strategic/franchise planning
- Share minutes of meeting with clients same day of the meeting (as specified in the operating rhythm)
- Share contact plans every Monday morning or first working day of the week with your LM (as specified in operating rhythm)
- Call memos to be collated and submitted every Friday morning or last working day of the week with your LM (as specified in operating rhythm). Call memos to be documented on all calls.
- Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- Identify your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
- Sales support teams (WMPS, Treasury, Trade, BB Trade service, BB Credit Analysts, BB Products, Client Experience, BRM/Assurance
- Branch managers and Head of Operations on issues to BB customers
- Branch departmental, GTO & credit managers and staff for BB customer’s account opening, servicing and administration
- Product Development and Analytics>product review, development, implementation and analysis
- SBIM for scorecard/KPI discussions
- Revenues and Footings of BB segments at country level
- Image and reputation of the business and Bank
- Customer experience and relationship stickiness
COMPLEXITY / JUDGEMENT:
Complexity in managing portfolio of customers balancing effort/reward.
FREEDOM OF DECISION MAKING
Many day to day decisions regarding customers ( not credit)
- Significant latitude in managing and prioritising workload
- Good first degree or requisite technical skills gained through professional associations and practical experience.
- Good working knowledge of BB products and industry lending products
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply