Title: Finance Intern-(20000769) | Save the Children | Location: Lagos
What makes Save the Children exceptional? We’re passionately committed to one goal: Giving all children the best chance for the future they deserve – a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Every day and in times of crisis. Here in the U.S. and around the world. Whatever it takes. In fact, we’ve been the world’s leading charity for children for 100 years.
Don’t take our word for it… Charity watch groups give us top ratings for achieving incredible results for children – with proven efficiency, effectiveness and accountability. Independent of any government or religious affiliations.
TITLE: Finance Intern
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance LOCATION: Lagos
GRADE: 5 CONTRACT LENGTH:
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
The Finance Assistant has responsibility to support Payments, receipts and disbursement of funds. He/she will provide support to the finance unit.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Non
Technical responsibility: Non
Budget responsibility: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:Fund Disbursement
- Writing of Cheques as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments in and out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Upload Bank transfers online on OMNI platform
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance Coordinator
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Coordinator for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Participate in due diligence process
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
Internal: Finance Staff/Program Staff/Support Staff/Signatories
COMPETENCES AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
Delivering results –Applying technical and professional expertise – Working effectively with others – Communicating with impact
Adhere to SCI Values: Accountability; Ambition; Collaboration; Creativity; IntegrityAccountability:
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
Location: Lagos Employee Status: Fixed Term Closing Date: Dec 3, 2020
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:Essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, HND or its equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
Application Closing Date
Dec. 3, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply