Banyan Global is recruiting for a Grants/Administrative Assistant for an upcoming, five-year USAID-funded health workforce management project in Nigeria. The position is full-time and based in Abuja. Travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory may be required.
- Provide general administrative support to project-wide staff.
- Provide specific administrative support to the finance team and grants team in human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
- Provide support and work with the Grants/Sustainability Manager to develop and oversee grants with local partners specifically focused on Human Resources for Health (HRH) and Health System Strengthening (HSS).
- Support the Grants/Sustainability Manager in ensuring grants and implementing partners are USAID compliant and follow USAID/USG regulations.
- Support the Grants/Sustainability Manager in developing internal control measures for the award of grants and disbursement of payments for milestones achieved.
- Provide logistical support to project staff in regard to traveling to/from Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant fields.
- At least one year of experience with grants development and/or management, preferably in HRH and HSS.
- Demonstrated ability in providing general administrative support and grants budgets. Knowledge of USG Standards related to grants preferred.
- Previous experience working on a USAID-funded project preferred.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.