Norwegian Refugee Council | Humanitarian Access Technical Assistant | Humanitarian Access Technical Assistant
Percentage of full-time:
The purpose of the Humanitarian Access Assistant position is to support implementation of delegated access portfolio in community engagement, relationship building and actors mapping according to Plan of Action for NRC Nigeria.
Social sharing :
Duties and responsibilities
Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
Participate on the Nigeria access strategy implementation
Travel to relevant LGAs/areas that NRC currently operating in or planning to operate new programs and facilitate the process
Update the actor mapping sheet with relevant contacts that influence the NRC operations in the northeast Nigeria
In close collaboration with Humanitarian Access, build a network of key informants from the community, local authorities or gatekeepers.
Contribute in the humanitarian access tracking online sheet and keep records of any access challenges, solutions and lesson learned
Facilitate access for NRC activities at the field level and camps
Conduct access assessment in new areas based on programmatic demands
Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to NRC access and program expansion to new areas
- Responsible for orientation of new recruits on access related in newly accessible areas that NRC expanding too in the field.
- Contribute to data collection on access incidents from focal points in the field location.
- Ensure regular field visit for Access monitoring and community engagement.
- Minimum Diploma in Social Sciences, Degree or equivalent to related field
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience within field of expertise (Access, Security, Community Liaison or Program) in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Understanding of humanitarian access and principles
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
Liaison and negotiation skill with non-government stakeholders
Context Skill, Knowledge & Experience
Knowledge of the context in north east Nigeria
Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and shuwa languages
- Personal qualities
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- We can offer
Position Grade Level 4
5 Months Contract till December 31st (renewable)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply