Title: Livelihood Assistant | Location: Maiduguri, Borno | Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Secours Islamique France (SIF), founded in 1992, is a non-governmental organisation for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programmes in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
- Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
- In Nigeria, SIF provides assistance for both urgent basic needs for those displaced by violence as well as longer-term support for returnees and IDPs in protracted displacement settings.
- Our current program includes livelihoods support, NFI, shelter, WASH assistance, Protection intervention delivered through multi-purpose community centers as well as IDP camps.
Role Within the Organization
- Livelihood Assistant would be responsible for implementation of Livelihood activities at camp and host communities under the direct supervision of SIF Program Manager.
- S/he will ensure that project activities are delivered on time, contribute to strategic objectives of the program in close coordination with the program Manager & M&E.
- The Livelihood assistant will supervise the field associate, providing both supervision and guidance in line with agreed performance objectives
Missions and Activities:
- SIF is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of Livelihood assistant to work in SIF Project sites.
- The tasks described in this job description are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the livelihood assistant may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities.
- The Livelihood assistant is under the Program Managers’ responsibility for all operational aspects, he also works in close cooperation with all the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report technically to SIF Program Manager
- In collaboration with SIF Program Manager, implements Income Generation Activities in line with Humanitarian Response Plan, through livelihood interventions, business management, technical trainings and capacity building to improve skills and production in new/pre-existing livelihood activities of most Vulnerable IDPs & Members of the host communities.
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities
- Oversee beneficiary selection processes according to established vulnerability criteria, identification /registration,
- In coordination with M&E, Collect information and data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring and field supervision visits of beneficiary households.
- With Technical support of Program Manager, Facilitates Community Mobilization and awareness raising on the mission’s program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries.
- Provide Daily, bi-weekly and monthly reports to Program Manager
- Carry out regular consultative meetings involving beneficiaries and beneficiary leaders on distribution arrangements, timelines and other issues relevant to the program
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries for the Economic and Livelihoods Restoration.
- Collect the required information in the field to facilitate the capacity building training program of beneficiaries with the support of M&E and Program Manager
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about Livelihood activities and strengthening livelihood restoration activities with support from SEMA, Extension workers Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders for livelihood restoration activities.
- Work with the M&E unit to follow up on beneficiary complaints received through complaint box
- Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Ensure the respect and implementation of SIF SOPs procedures.
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at Local and state levels when required
- Ensure and facilitate the communication and information sharing within the team and the department, and contribute to the team responsibilities;
- Work in close collaboration with other departments.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Program Manager, Admin Co. and/or Head of Mission and that are compatible with the job.
- B.Sc or HND in Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or other related field with an in-depth understanding of vulnerability issues in Nigeria.
- Minimum 1 year of professional work experience in humanitarian work, including in livelihood-centred approaches on poverty and vulnerability reduction.
- Proficiency and experience in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; ability to speak Hausa and/or Kanuri is a plus.
- Organisation skills,
- Sense of responsibilities,
- Analysis and coordination skills,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Ready to listen to people,
- Capacity to prioritize,
- Open-mindedness and common sense,
- Strong humanitarian motivation
- The position is based in Maiduguri with frequent visits to project locations
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with an updated CV and Cover Letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) to: [email protected] using the ” Title” as the subject of the email.
- Kindly please mention clearly in the e-mail, Cover Letter and CV your name as consecutive order: 1) First name; 2) Surname; 3) Other name.
- Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: “Livelihood Assistant”.