Title: Policy and Research Intern | Nextier | Location: Abuja
Nextier is a multi-competency public service advisory firm and think tank with experience bringing diverse actors together to address governance problems in highly complex environments. Nextier has core competencies in policy research, strategy, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication. Nextier consultants bring deep knowledge of their industries; deliver rigorous analysis, and present pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
- Nextier SPD seeks to engage the services of a Policy and Research Intern.
- The Intern will work within a team of other interns, analysts, and consultants to support seniors within the firm to achieve business or organizational target.
The Policy and Research Intern will:
- Source and post relevant news articles and host daily analysis on organisation’s website
- Reading up articles from policy journals, research institutes, think tanks, to develop an objective mind efficient enough for team productivity.
- Manage organisations Mail chimp account.
- Handle publicity on social media platforms particularly twitter and Facebook.
- Proofread organisation’s policy briefs.
- Host weekly media publications.
- Act as correspondence via SPD email and phone calls with clients, guests, partners, etc.
- Provide support in any other capacity required.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Statistics, International Relations, or any other related qualifications with 2:1 and above
- 1-2 years’ experience working on policy briefs or in a research related role.
- Adeptness with social media and digital marketing tools
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Dedicated team player
- Demonstrated interest in governance, policy research
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude.
- Must be confident and articulate.
- Must be decisive, action-centered and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pay attention to details
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the Title you are applying for- For Example: (Policy & Research Intern)