Job Title: Graduate Research Assistant | Location: Lagos | Outliers
Outliers is a book club comprised of young professionals, all with a deep love for reading and knowledge and a deeper understanding of its importance and benefits to wholesome self-development. Our objective is to inspire change through knowledge, and we do that by initiating intellectual discussions on varying subject matters drawn from pre-selected books, articles, and short videos.
- Research Associates are hired by the Outlier Africa Exco to assist in carrying out a particular research agenda. The title/pay level is determined based upon the prospects experience.
While a research assistant is expected to contribute in many ways to the research project, typical responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Summarize interviews
- Provide ready access to all research materials for the Outliers Exco and/or supervisor
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
- Manage and respond to project-related email
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and the faculty researcher)
- Attend outliers book club meetings
- Observe Outliers Exco and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports for the Exco and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Monitor relevant project budgets.
Minimum qualifications/ requirements
- Academic and/or work experience related to the field of research
- Experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel and PowerPoint), as required by the supervisor
- Satisfactory academic progress (Minimum Second Class Upper Division Honours)
- Satisfactory experience with social media content management (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Outliers Exco. Quarterly work requirements and schedules must be discussed with the Supervisor to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished. Concerns about any additional responsibilities should be discussed first with the supervisor, and then the Graduate Program Committee Chair of the Exco