Job Title: Group Tax Manager Compliance and Reporting | Jumia | (Full Time) | Job Location: Lagos
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia is looking to recruit his/her Group Tax Manager Compliance and Reporting.
Working as a member of the Jumia tax team, the Group Tax Manager Compliance and Reporting will oversee and be accountable for the tax compliance and reporting of the Jumia group.
This role will report to the Head of Tax and his/her day to day role will encompass handling quarterly and annual tax reporting, tax accounting, supervise tax compliance obligations including transfer pricing documentation, assisting the local entities with their tax audits and keeping up-to-date with global legislation which directly or indirectly affects the Jumia group.
Key accountabilities should notably include the following:
- Operate as a key business partner to provide high quality tax compliance and reporting services for the Jumia group,
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax laws and group policies,
- Oversee group tax reporting processes in terms of current and deferred tax assessment, ETR and accounting under IFRS,
- Take an active role within the central tax team in the assessment, documentation and reporting of group uncertain tax positions,
- Review income tax returns and, more generally, supervise and be accountable for the compliance with filing obligations for direct and indirect taxes, including transfer pricing.
- Support and coordinate tax audits. Manage external tax service providers and coordinate the preparation of the materials to ensure the Jumia interests are well represented.
- Any other tasks as assigned by senior team members.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
Education / Background:
You will be a Qualified Accountant with a Tax Qualification. The role requires the successful candidate to have strong tax accounting and software skills including experience of international tax. As the position is such a varied and dynamic role it is advantageous for you to have experience of project management skills as well as strong communication skills as the role requires working with stakeholders and teams globally. Knowledge of IFRS and SOX controls and process is required for the successful candidate.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience with exposure to a broad range of tax issues in international tax law, contracts, tax audits management, tax reporting, financing in an international environment involving African countries.
- An experience within the e-commerce sector would be a plus.
- The successful candidate must be proactive, hard worker, team player, business and solution oriented, pragmatic in his/her approach to solve tax problems.
- Excellent English language drafting skills. English fluency, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- French knowledge an advantage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply