Job Title: Halal Fund Manager | Norrenberger | Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full time
Norrenberger is an Integrated Financial Services Group (Licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) that operates a customer-focused business model offering clients a comprehensive range of financial products including Funds & Investment Management, Structured Finance, Foreign Exchange and Business & Financial Advisory Services.
- The Position Holder is responsible for providing leadership to the investment management of the company’s Halal Funds portfolio, by contributing to the formulation of investment strategies, product development and process improvement initiatives;
- Maintain coverage of assigned research responsibilities; ensuring efficient trade execution, portfolio administration and transaction processing; setting up and managing a portfolio that offers an ideal investment facility, which allows to earn an attractive and stable riba-free returns on the portfolio while providing managing liquidity efficiently.
- In addition, the Position Holder would be expected to extensively collaborate with the Norrenberger Group’s strategy and direction to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies in line with Shariah principles.
- Develop Procedures and Processes: Produce and implement a manual of procedures and processes for all Halal investment-related activities to earn competitive returns through dynamic asset allocation between short-term and long-term Shariah Compliant investment outlets.
- Drive product creation to suit client / investor appetite.
- Trade Execution: Trade execution, including compilation and dissemination of approved portfolio trade orders to counterparties. The Position Holder is also responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate posting of portfolio and transaction data, leading efficient transactions processing.
- Responsible for driving and sustaining strategic people management practices that support the organization’s ability to achieve its corporate objectives. Strategically plan and direct operations of the portfolio management business; lead and manage the portfolio investment team.
- Create new relationships and build advantageous relationships across the firm, as well as with key decision-makers in organizations in which Norrenberger either already has an existing relationship, or are in the organization’s client pipeline, in order to support the growth of the firm’s client-base and Halal Funds Under Management (HFUM), as well as its long-term business growth.
- Active contribution to the development and implementation of strategies to improve the portfolio management function.
- The Fund Manager shall hold overall responsibility for funds management to earn potentially competitive returns through dynamic asset allocation between Shariah Compliant Short-term instruments (such as Murabahah, Ijarah, etc), and long-term securities (e.g., Sukuk, musharaka, wakalah, istisna, and Ward Hassan, etc.), while ensuring capital preservation.
- He/she must be able to manage the portfolio to consistently earn returns that are highly competitive with conventional market instruments.
Market Research and Analysis:
- Leads market research and analysis efforts into uncovering both global and local macroeconomic trends in Islamic finance, extensive research into various Halal financial instruments, and in-depth review of mostly active Halal instruments, in order to understand current trends, and forecast future performance of the portfolio, with the aim of applying this knowledge to keep up with benchmark returns.
Manage Portfolio Performance:
- Develop the halal portfolio performance benchmarks and targets based on factual market information on a periodic basis (quarterly, half-yearly, and annually), or at any other frequency interval requested.
Review Investment Proposals:
- Review proposals for investment in various Islamic instruments, both in the short term (e.g., Murabahah, Ijarah) and medium/long term instruments (musharaka, wakalah, istisna, and Sukuk, amongst others).
- Prepare funds management proposals to current and prospective clients.
- Ensure that prospectuses and other documents are completed, filed and distributed as regulations require.
- Review on a constant basis, the portfolio asset allocation to achieve desired objectives and/or goals, and ensure compliance with regulations as applicable.
- Must also ensure the funds operate in accordance with regulations outlined by authorities, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Keep knowledge up-to-date about the economy, current financial news and financial markets
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letters to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.