Latest Hartleys Supermarket and Stores Job Vacancies and Recruitment January, 2022
Hartleys Supermarket and Stores – We deliver the ultimate shopping experience to our community by offering a wide variety of the freshest and quality products, with exceptional service.
January 2022. Finance Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee financial and accounting processes to ensure compliance with Corporate and local policies, statutory requirements and IFRS. Maintain ethical standards with unyielding integrity.
- Serve as the primary contact with independent auditors and audit-related accounting matters.
- Manage administration of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control accounting and payroll.
- Oversee month end close process to ensure timely closure and financial reports preparation.
- Preparation of annual budgets – Profit & Loss, Cash Flow & Balance Sheet.
- Analyze and report variances – Propose and implement remedial action.
- Estimate the requirement of funds – short term and long term.
Financial Management Reporting and Cost Control Function:
- Implement financial controls and develop financial management mechanisms to minimize financial risk. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the company’s financial reporting systems.
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines including:
- Monthly management accounts
- Flash reports
- Working capital
- Board & Investor Packs
- Analyze, interpret and report operating results and make specific recommendations to achieve cost effectiveness and profit improvements.
- Provide gross profit reporting, analyses, and forecasting.
- Anticipate management needs and develop analyses in response to those needs and in support of management decisions.
Balance Sheet and Assets Management Function:
- Work with operating personnel to achieve effective balance sheet and assets management.
- Oversee development and carrying-out of inventory control procedures, including physical stock-take and audit.
- Account for and maintain proper inventory reserves for Excess, Expired and Obsolete Inventory.
- Review assets register to keep track of and safeguard company assets.
Cash Flow Management & Control Function:
- Daily control of elements affecting working capital.
- Oversee operational cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Oversee preparation of financial accounts for auditing purposes.
- Oversee annual audits.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that annual monitoring is carried out effectively.
- Conduct internal audits
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures and internal controls in support of business processes and decisions.
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, ethical standards, and the internal management policies.
- Review the preparation and submission of company statutory documents
- First Degree in a relevant field (Accounting / Business Management)
- A post-graduate degree or MBA in Finance is compulsory.
- Professional qualification or certification such as ACCA or ACA or FCA, etc is compulsory.
- Strong commercial finance experience in multinational retail supermarkets and stores is essential.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience
- Previous experience as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller in big retail supermarkets and stores or FMCG is essential
- Strong or Advanced Financial Analysis and Modelling Skills
- Proficiency in the use of advanced Ms. Excel
- Experience with the use of Enterprise Financial Applications or Software for Retail Supermarkets and Stores.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads.
- Negotiation skills, analytical skills and ability to multitask.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only candidates that meet the requirement should apply or be referred.
- Top 15 Countries To Migrate To For Job Opportunities / Economic ProsperityIn this article, we will be talking about countries that you can migrate to… Read more »