Hatchery Manager | Olam International | Job Location: Nigeria
Olam Group-NigeriaDate: 17-Oct-2020Country: NigeriaFunction: MATSSub-Function: MATS Common
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
Grains is one of the 6 prioritized platforms in Olam The Grains business consists of 4 verticals: Wheat Milling (in sub-Saharan Africa), Origination & Trading (Origination in the Black Sea and Latin America, Destination in the Middle East & North Africa, Prop trading in Wheat/Corn/Soy), Animal Feeds & Proteins (starting in Nigeria, but plan to expand to 4-5 countries in Africa, Asia & MENA by 2020) and Ocean Freight (vessel charter, Prop trading).
Our manufacturing facilities in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, and Senegal helping these countries to reduce import costs of refined wheat. With an unrelenting focus on food safety, innovation and cost efficiencies, we produce a range of quality flours for bread, baguettes, pasta noodles, biscuits, semolina, and confectionery.
The position requires efficiently managing a fully automated Petersime Hatchery with a capacity of 1.5 million D.O.C per week, along with its day-to-day activities.Key Deliverables
The General Manager is responsible for overall general running of Hatchery activities whilst;
- Manage large teams.
- Plans, develops, and implements policies and practices for the operation of the commercial hatchery to ensure the attainment of goals and profitable operations.
- Coordinates through Managers and supervisors’ strict compliance of standard Hatchery SOP and biosecurity protocol.
- Manage budget for departmental consumables, vaccines, drugs and spare parts.
- Ensure target setting, weekly technical reporting of operations.
- Coordination and execution of Hatchery production plan and design day to day operational decision subject to the approval of the Business Head/ General Manager.
- Advise on cost efficient ways of achieving set objectives.
Manages the entire Hatchery team to;
- To ensure proper sorting of eggs by removing hatchable from unhatchable eggs (i.e. removal of crack, misshape, extra-large above 70g, small below 50g, excessive mineral deposited, double yolk egg), and very dirty egg.
- Ensure adequate fumigation of hatchable eggs after sorting.
- Monitoring the temperature and humidity inside cold room and egg sorting room and record them very well.
- Ensure proper setting of eggs on the trolleys and into setter, keeping of setting eggs trolley report every setting day
- Ensure adequate sanitary of the internal and external environment of the Setter room by cleaning and disinfecting of the setter room daily.
- Ensure appropriate and standard parameters of the setter room are kept which includes: the temperature and humidity of the setter room by proper functioning of the AIR HANDLING UNIT, the oxygen inlet.
- Ensure the Hatchers and the baskets in them are dry before candling on every candling day and ensure the Hatchers maintain their targeted temperature and humidity conditions before and after every candling process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences/ Agriculture Science (Animal Production).
- 8-10 years of experience in handling a state-of-the-Art Hatchery.
- Experience is required in a Parent Stock Hatchery, alongside a Commercial Hatchery.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply