Head, Careers and Placement at Lagos Business School
Job Title: Head, Careers and Placement | Lagos Business School
Job Code: HCP
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Purpose of Position
- Plan and execute a comprehensive career development programme to place full-time MBA students in reputable companies for internships in the first year and jobs in the second year.
- To plan and execute a comprehensive career development programme for Modular MBA, Executive MBA, and Modular Executive MBA programmes focusing on leadership and entrepreneurial development.
- Develop and implement a career coaching programme for Executive MBA and Modular Executive MBA programmes.
- These programmes should reflect the mission of the Careers Office relating to a solid connection to industry across Africa.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and execution of a comprehensive career development programme
- Initiate and maintain recruiting relationships with employers for jobs and internship opportunities
- Develop relationships with organisations across Africa
- Organise the MBA Career Fair. Provide interested organisations with information about the internship programme
- Organise company presentations
- Organise Entrepreneurship Expo & Contest
- Gather information on best practices for benchmarking purposes on the organisation and processes of career offices in leading business schools.
- Assist students in preparing their curriculum vitae. Advise students on careers and how to conduct their job search.
- Guide companies on how they should approach the recruitment process for our students.
- Maintain relationships with HR and employer bodies for placement opportunities
- Provide sufficient information to students to make an informed decision. Make students aware of how their courses integrate with the work placement.
- Oversee the recruitment process, including interviews of students by potential employers.
- Obtain offers of places for internships from suitable organisations.
- Allocation of faculty supervisors to students for project work.
- Liaise with the different companies, ensuring they comply with undertakings related to internships and help solve the problems that may arise. Process feedback from participating firms for process improvement
- Research on the labour market, Alumni careers, and other job-related research projects
- Provide students with information about the structural and current characteristics of the employment market in Nigeria.
- Plan and oversee the execution of the Student-led Activities (SLA) programme
- Prepare yearly employment report
- Any other duty to be assigned from time to time by the line manager
- Minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in any discipline.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN)
- An MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of six years in administrative/HR function. Experience in service marketing, PR, or Recruitment consultancy will be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Relationship management
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Marketing and PR skills
- Interviewing and Counseling Skills
- Knowledge of Events and project management
- T Proficiency
- Understanding of the Nigerian employment market
- Basic understanding of employment legislation
- Knowledge of proposal writing.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Code: HCP” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- LBS is an equal opportunity employer.