Job Title: Head, Finance Department
- Responsible for the general accounting activities of the organization
- Keeps a record of inflow and outflow of funds in the organization
- Record all the contributions of enrolees and the sources
- Prepare a register of contributors and their organizations
- Calculate the amount of capitation and fee-for-service due for each enrolee and present inform of a register
- Vet the bills prepared before payment
- Supervision of the preparation of salaries and staff payroll/payment schedule.
- Prepare staff emoluments
- Advice management appropriately and timely on financial matters to take advantage of or to be wary of.
- Inform management on the timely external obligations that must be fulfilled
- Prepare Annual Financial Account of the organization
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Ensure that departmental expenses are within the approved limits
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Manage Procurement processes in the organization
- Amember of the management team.
- Minimum of First Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Related fields
- Post Graduate Qualification in Accounting or related fields Certificate in and/or professional membership of Accounting or Related fields
- Minimum of 8 years post NYSC experience
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, Accounting Software
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience in relevant or related field
- Attendance of related/workshops/seminars etc
Skills and competencies:
- Good Planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of audit and risk processes in a similar organisation Excellent oral and written communications skills Computer Literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Self-Motivated and able to influence and motivate others
- Willingness to work at odd hours or put in extra hours Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Alogical thinker who pays attention to details
- Able to work under pressure to respond to service needs
- Candidate must be between the age of 35-45
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV / Profile to: email@example.com indicate the position you are applying for in the subject space of your application.
Note: Masslife HMO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.