Job Title: Head Finance Retail | Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Lagos | Standard Chartered Bank
About Standard Chartered: We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
Capital and Liquidity Management
- To assist the business on capital management
- Track Ro RWA and provide guidance on pricing issues
- Ensure that the business complies with the Group liquidity policies
- Assist in the evaluation of projects which are specific to the RETAIL & WEALTH Business in accordance with Group and local guidelines and contribute fully to their implementation
- Assist business with the financial projections in preparation of PARs
- Ensure that project accounting principles and tracking mechanisms (including benefit tracking) are in place for all RETAIL & WEALTH projects.
- Proactively manage stakeholders and provide prompt solutions to their needs
- Ensure that the team is adequately equipped to support the business.
- Liaise with the Hub to deliver standardized reports accurately and on time
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the finance retail team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional Head RETAIL & WEALTH Finance
- CFO Nigeria & West Africa
- Hub Reporting Manager
- Nigeria RETAIL & WEALTH Business & Segment Heads
- Central Banks
- Research Agencies
- Office of Statistics,
- Financial Institutions,
- External Auditors,
- Stock Exchange etc.
- The RETAIL & WEALTH business strategy
- The understanding of the financial dynamics and dimensions of the RETAIL & WEALTH business
- The building of RETAIL & WEALTH operating plans, budgets and forecast
- The determination of the RETAIL & WEALTH financial and management information needs, the formats and the frequency with which these should be produced
- The development of RETAIL & WEALTH management information systems to facilitate effective decisions by Heads of CIB and CB
- Ensuring compliance to Group standards, regulatory and statutory regulations
- Achievement of RETAIL & WEALTH budget
- Maintenance of appropriate financial and project controls
- Authorized to allow processing of all expenditure within delegated authorities/agreed strategy
- Advise and recommend on the financial dynamics of the RETAIL & WEALTH business, verbally or in writing to ALCO
- Initiate change requests necessary to satisfy RETAIL & WEALTH MIS needs in liaison with Heads of RETAIL & WEALTH, and CFO
Judgment and Complexity:
- Superior levels of judgment are required to assess the impact of Retail & Wealth business activities on performance, to identify trends early enough to enable effective remedial action to be taken and to facilitate clear understanding of the financial impact of decisions by the Business Head
- Integrity and courage to challenge the actions of peers
- Judgment is called for in determining variables for use in budgeting and financial evaluation of Retail & Wealth LTH deals and transactions
- Contribute significantly to the professional management of the Retail & Wealth Business Finance function and in the day to day performance of Business Divisions
- Follow up and monitoring of Customer and Product performance
- Value for money review of projects
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree from a reputable institution, Professional qualification in accounting and/ Finance e.g. ACA, ACCA plus relevant work experience in Business Finance.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Application Closing Date
10/Dec/2020, 12:59:00 AM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply