Fullrays Resource Limited | Job Title: Head, Internal Audit | Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom State | Employment Type: full-time
- Ensure compliance on monthly report rendition to regulatory bodies
- Ensure daily compliance to the bank rules, policies, and regulations.
- Reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts to ensure transactions are not outstanding .
- Review of the statutory returns to regulatory authorities and government agencies to ensure accuracy and timely rendition monthly.
- Customers’ visitation for random deposit verification weekly
- Review the accuracy and reliability of financial transaction records – cash deposits, cash withdrawals, treasury bills investments, fixed deposits, and funds transfer daily.
- Engage in loan recovery and reconcile customers’ loan accounts for closure when need arises.
- Involve in the thorough review of the bank’s accounting software for efficiency daily.
- Review credit or loan files for compliance daily.
- Review accounting records to ensure proper and compliance with company’s extant policies daily.
- Review and recommend changes to some of the company’s policies to ensure adequate control daily.
- Conduct cash-counts of vaults daily.
- Reviewed customers’ account opening documents for compliance with Know Your Customer (“KYC”) policy and anti-money laundering requirements daily.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and conduct daily, weekly, and monthly General Ledger (GL) review for reconciliation.
- Handle customer complaints (Fraud, disservice, etc) if and when they occur.
- Review expenses and payments daily
- Conduct sweep exercise and spot check on tellers and account officers.
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines. Relevant professional certification will be an advantage
- 8 years of professional experience and 3 years of full-time experience in internal auditing.
Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Experience in Microfinance operations, or Banking or auditing in a supervising capacity.
- Deep knowledge of internal control and compliance management.
- Knowledge of the microfinance environment, regulations, and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the dynamics of small businesses
- Mathematics, business acumen and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Computer Applications Excel /Microsoft Office
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020
Method of Application
Please send an email containing your CV with the position being applied for as the subject of the email to: email@example.com
Note:Multiple Applications may result in disqualification. Only successful candidates will be contacted.