Job Title: Head, Konga Food (GM) | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Konga
Type: Full Time
Category: Executive Management Level
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Health, etc.
As part of our business expansion strategy, we are currently seeking for a talented, and skillful person with strong passion for the ecommerce space to lead the Konga Food Business in the capacity below:
- The Head of Konga Food will be saddled with the responsibility of leading the Business for growth.
- The role is accountable for the development and implementation of growth strategies including sales improvement and client relationship management, targeted at new sales and partnerships to achieve aggressive quarterly and annual projections/targets.
- With a very young and energetic team, the role requires someone with leadership skills who is able to build, develop and motivate a team.
- Managing the daily operations and revenue generation of the business and ensuring its continual growth
- Develop and implement business improvement and innovative strategies according to company goals and objectives to accelerate growth.
- Actively nurture and develop active partnerships to maximize value for the business
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of the diverse customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth
- Identify new business opportunities and manage marketing efforts
- Keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to the executive management
- Act to acquire new customers and manage existing customers
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of business activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Mentor and develop staff using supportive and collaborative approach by assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results
- Drive a culture of excellence, high performance and continuous improvement
Performance Goals / Indicators:
- Develop sustainable and profitable business roadmap
- Grow transaction volume
- Grow revenue and profit index
- Improve Brand presence
- Ensure Platform stability
- Customer satisfaction
- Grow revenue and profit index
- Deliver competitive and innovative market initiatives
- Launch new products / channels that drive customer acquisition and revenue
- Deliver successful promotions
- Make Konga Food a brand of choice
- BSc / BA in Business Administration, Finance or any relevant degree; MSc/MA is a plus
- At least 7-10 years’ relevant work experience on similar role managing and operating in a similar space
- Strong knowledge of Food Business/Start-ups ecosystem
- Good understanding ofpertinent regulatory landscape
- A Client-focused mindset with demonstrated success of developing and implementing Sales strategies
- Track record of building and maintaining strategic relationships within theFood Industry
- Knowledge of Food Business Models
- Ability to conduct research to provide sales solutions
- Motivated by Numbers and conversion.
- Fair knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and Technology savvy
- Creative strategist with excellent organizational skills
- Superior management skills, decision-making; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and proactivelydrive both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, public speaking, and leadership skills.
- An innovative and motivational mentality.
- Confident and goal oriented.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV (Word doc) to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the e-mail.