Job Title: Head of Branding | Job Location: Lagos | Jumia
Employment Type: Full time
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- As Head of Brand Marketing, you will be responsible for bringing our brand to life through consistent and strategic campaigns, maintaining the brand identity in a consistent and impactful way, understanding our consumers and socializing their needs across the business while working closely with the local CMO and Group Head of Brand.
- The Head of Branding Marketing will manage design, offline media channels and social media to drive conversion and foster brand awareness and loyalty.
- You will work across different functions to execute the group brand strategy and deliver country plans in line with overall business strategy and objectives. You will be especially involved during Jumia’s annual campaigns (Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc), a key moment for customer acquisition and retention.
- You will continuously drive the brand forward by owning and executing activities of the highest quality, carefully balancing between budget and actual spending yet not compromising Jumia’s brand equity.
- Plan, manage, and execute country brand strategy and key integrated campaigns to deliver on business objectives:
- Ensure brand strategy aligned with Group strategy
- Roll-out both Centrally led campaigns as well as local initiatives.
- Deliver against core messaging to move the needle on consumer perception of the brand and category.
Manage and own the offline marketing investment, split across different channels, and end of month finance reporting:
- Develop media strategy both on a campaign level as well as tactical or evergreen on an ad hoc basis.
- Make recommendations on investment needed, optimize media mix
- Track performance and make regular recommendations on how to better optimize creative and media as needed.
Audit and improve the quality and consistency of content across all brand touch points including the app, owned and paid channels, across all businesses:
- Manage country design team and collaborate with Central Head of Design
- Support in the drafting of briefs to ensure strong creative output.
- Review and approve content, working with relevant teams to improve as needed
- Provide guidance to ensure posts generate the optimal level of engagement.
- Stay ahead of the curve on trends across channels and industry.
- Share best practices across teams.
Understand perception of the brand and build insight driven campaigns:
- Lead brand research studies by running regular surveys and focus groups
- Analyse data from YouTube reports as well as data from internal sources and build actionable insights from them
- Understand the drivers & design actions to correct any negative trajectory.
- Work closely with the SoME team keeping a close eye on sentiment reporting.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service team to float common issue types and ensure interaction across all touchpoints is on brand and up to date.
Implement group brand strategy and insure local relevance:
- Work closely with Group Head of Brand and Country CMO in the rollout of group-level initiatives and development of the country brand strategy.
- Work closely with the design team to insure that all creative adheres to brand guidelines and is consistent in look and tone
- Understand what creative performs best across various channels, experiment, and optimise tirelessly.
- Contribute to building the annual yearly marketing calendar across functional teams.
Qualification & Experience
- Creative thinker with an excellent eye for detail in design, copy, and reporting
- Experience crafting regional marketing strategies based on a clearly defined global strategy.
- A strong customer-centric mentality; you are always thinking about how our customers harmonise with the brand.
- A solid understanding of marketing, advertising, and consumer dynamics in your market.
- Degree in marketing, business, or similar with clear analytical profile and track record of success (prior experience in tech/finance a plus)
- Data analytics project and experience are a must, knowledge of the basic optimization algorithms (ideally previous experience in big data, marketing tech, etc).
- Previous experience in digital marketing or data analytics.
- Well organized and ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply