Head of Customer Marketing, Premium Spirits and Modern Trade | Job Location – Ikeja Lagos, Nigeria |Full Time
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
At Diageo, we do Sales differently. We are the leading beverage alcohol company in every region of the world, boasting internationally-recognized brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker. This is your opportunity to create new ways to share and celebrate our truly iconic products across the globe!
We offer a perfect blend of local and global roles, covering everything from digital to customer service, our immersive store experiences to international operations. Wherever you are, you’ll need to be able to forge lasting relationships, bring commitment and energy to improve our performance, and a genuine entrepreneurial spirit in tune with our company’s proud legacy.
At Diageo, character is everything; so, if you share our sense of adventure, you’ll have the chance to learn a huge range of skills & disciplines and build an exceptional career with us.
About the role
The purpose is to own, lead and deliver great execution of our Premium and Reserve brands with customers in premium on and off trade channels working closely with the full cross functional Premium Segment team:
The role is responsible for all aspects of the Premium and Reserve Segment capability development, trade execution – Strategy Planning, Commercial Planning and Activation, Category Development, defining Luxury Execution standards, Shopper Marketing, Trade Spend Management, performance tracking and reporting for the category reporting into the Director of IPS, Reserve & Modern Trade.
This role will be the head of training for spirits in the market and leading the capability drive across internal and external staff on Diageo Bar Academy (DBA), Business of Bars and the World Class program. This role will lead the capability of each BA team and internal staff including both On and off Trade across the country.
The role leads trade/ channel strategy formulation and collaborates with the Marketing Manager for Premium Spirits on Brand Strategy with alignment on growth drivers to deliver business objective delivering scale and accelerating growth.
Commercial Planning and Activation for Diageo Premium Spirits Brand Category and Trade segments – On and Off Trade.
Make Diageo Reserve brands the reference point for luxury execution in Nigeria beating competition and delivering performance ambition.
Category management of Premium and Reserve business in Modern on and off trade Retail channel
To build capability for total spirits across the country by developing Brand Ambassadors (BAs) whilst helping to upskill current sales/distributor teams already on the ground.
Partnership with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver performance ambition
- Commercial Graduate Qualification – Business Related desirable though not essential (quality experience is more important than qualifications)
- 5 – 10 years leadership and execution experience in a similar role, either within an FMCG (including drinks / luxury) environment or within the trade environment (e.g hotel, bar or restaurant senior F&B experience)
- Previous roles should have included cross functional experience particularly across Commercial and Marketing.
- Strong commercial and financial planning and decision-making skills including channel profitability and targeted trade investment management.
- A passion for luxury and Reserve with an understanding of competitors, distributors and key customers: their businesses and particularly their shoppers/consumers in the Reserve universe
- Exceptional relationship skills: proven ability to network and influence across functions and levels.
- Authentic communicator with experience of working with external stakeholders; superior presentation skills
- An expert coach and trainer of both functional and leadership capability development
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://diageo