Head of Customer Service | British Council | Location: Lagos / Abuja
Head of Customer Service Nigeria
Pay band: 7
Remuneration: Starting from Naira 13,410,959 per annum
Post Location: Lagos or Abuja
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
The Head of Customer Service requires a unique profile. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing system changes and introducing new technologies successfully by using data analysis and trends within the organisation to implement changes. The candidate will also have an operations management background, ideally heading up a Customer Service Team.
This post requires someone at a senior level of Customer Service; a candidate able to step into the role bringing a solid foundation of skill and Customer Service knowledge.
The Head of Customer Service Nigeria will lead the development and implementation of innovative customer management and B2C sales strategies that deliver a consistent and trusted brand experience on a multi-site and multi-channel basis and ensure that customer service remains one of the key competitive advantages for the British Council across Nigeria.
The post holder will lead the Customer Service function across Nigeria to translate overarching customer management priorities into coherent operational plans, policies/processes and activities aligned to the strategic objectives of the Exams business in order to achieve our business targets.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
- Work closely with the Regional Customer Management Lead, Nigeria Exams Team as well as Nigeria Senior Management team to create a culture of performance and accountability across customer service that contributes to a positive experience to all contacts
- Play a key role in communicating and promoting the benefits of customer service, customer engagement and personal selling as part of the same customer experience continuum
- Articulate a transformative customer experience vision to deliver, cost-effectively, a seamless and consistent customer experience.
- Actively contribute to on-going development of operational programmes (Processes/Technology/IT/ etc.) to ensure that current and evolving customer needs are met
- Resource the Customer Management function appropriately and efficiently across Nigeria
- Champion the effective use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Transition the customer service function into a more sales-oriented operation
- English language proficiency – aural, written and spoken
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum four years’ experience of managing people / team
- Five years working in a large commercial entity with at least four years directly working in customer service
- Monitoring service to quality standards; devising and implementing improvements to these
- Proven track record of working across departments to drive customer focused service improvements
- Expertise using data and analytics – from customer satisfaction scores, web analytics, Net Promoter Score /Customer Effort score to ROI models to support recommendations and strategies
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills
- Expert user of technology/applications, in order to communicate and deliver training/standardization approaches to geographically dispersed audiences
- Exceptional analytical skills; track record of improving customer experience KPIs in previous roles
- Customer Service Qualifications
- Six Sigma Qualification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management studies
- 2 years sales experience
Application Closing Date
20 May 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply