MultiChoice Group | Job Title: Head of Department, Marketing – Showmax | Location: Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
Purpose of the Position
- To develop the marketing Strategy in the Nigeria Region (within the broader corporate strategy) and implement the business plans, achieve operational targets, and ensure that processes and systems are robust enough for Connected Video to achieve its growth targets
- To establish and grow a healthy brand position within the market, and drive all Marketing channels to grow market share
- Oversee all Content marketing, Performance Marketing, Brand Management, PR and Social, planning, operational forecasting, partner management and trade marketing.
Key Performance Objectives
- Develop and implement the Nigeria marketing, PR and branding strategy (both short term and long term).
- Formulates, develop and implement creative, advertising, media and promotional campaigns for channels in collaboration with Marketing.
- Translate Organizational Marketing strategy into meaningful operational targets and strategic focus areas for the business unit under management.
- Use customer insights to identify and evaluate strategic and innovative revenue generating Marketing initiatives.
- Launch Viable projects in support of business objectives.
- Identify required improvement to ‘Join’ and onboarding journeys and minimise leakage from the acquisition funnel.
- Work closely with Multichoice Nigeria to leverage synergies in Marketing where possible.
Marketing Budget Management:
- Manage annual budget and forecast exercises
- Rigorously monitor Marketing performance against approved budgets and put measures in place to address variances.
- Continuously identify areas for improved efficiency.
Marketing Operation Delivery:
- Execute on the newly developed Brand Strategy and setup metrics to measure success of rollout
- Develop and manage creative marketing initiatives in support of organisation’s range of activities – across traditional channels and digital channels including PR, Social (organic) and ideally performance marketing.
- Introduce key marketing policies and processes in order to optimise Subscribers’ engagement
- Align the organisation internally around marketing, brand, and customer objectives
- Guide and direct the development and execution of through-the-line marketing communications across all touchpoints
- Manage advertising agency, PR agency and marketing consultants
- Guide and direct the design, development, and deployment of campaigns to specific markets. Weekly, monthly and quarterly report on the performance of campaigns in Nigeria
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across the organisation to optimize ROI and brand health.
- Drive customised marketing based on knowledge gathered and assist sales in driving customised sales drives in those territories.
Research and Analysis:
- Conduct regular consumer research to measure brand health and perception in market
- Analyze the business and service performance, providing insight that will help Sales and Channel Partners and grow the business in accordance with set goals.
- Analyze, evaluate, and report sales data to increase sales productivity
- Build a high-performance team( including marketing agency talent)
- Provide leadership in the aspect of Performance direction, goal clarification, communication, engagement, ethics, commitment & energy.
- Talent management, capacity, competence & skills–development.
- Responsible for team strength & performance level (attraction, selection, retention & development team).
- Ensure subordinate managers have clear, current and measurable goals;hold direct reports accountable for their own results and obstacles and deal with Underperformance.
- Ensure alignment with Team strength, performance and energy matched strategic requirements – under performers identified, improved or removed
- Ensure strong relationships with local Multichoice Nigeria team, corporate Connected Video teams and corporate Multichoice Teams (MAH, CII, anti-piracy, etc) leveraging synergies between the two companies where possible to drive cost and revenue efficiencies.
- Ensure strong relationships with external sales and marketing agencies as well as partners that benefit downstream from sales (such as payment agencies e.g. Paga, Capricorn, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA advantageous
- A minimum of 10 years of senior management experience of direct-to-consumer sales management experience, with a strong background in trade marketing
- At least 7 years experience in Marketing leadership including developing Brand from scratch (formal and informal channels)
- Strong financial, analytical acumen and experience in channel partner management.
- Deep Brand Management knowledge.
- Commercial experience in Nigeria
- Ideally experience in the Pay TV or OTT industry (or experience in selling and marketing digital B2C Telecommunications services)
- Brand Strategy, development and management
- Content marketing strategy, development, execution and optimisation.
- Analytical and project management Skills
- Commercial acumen
- Developing value propositions
- Product/ Brand Knowledge
- Competitive analysis
- Reporting and Research
- Financial Management/Budgeting
- Regulatory compliance and legal environments
Behavioral Competencies (List the key behavioral competencies):
- Strategic Thinking
- Risk Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Future oriented
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online