Head of Diageo Data Hub Delivery | Locations: London, England. time type: Full time: posted on Posted Today | job requisition id: JR1072843
Job Description :
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
About the function
Diageo’s Analytics & Insights (A&I) team is responsible for designing, developing and implementing analytical solutions to drive our competitive advantage and enable empirically based decisions. Our products are enabled with highly governed, quality controlled, rich in value and connected data assets delivered through the Diageo Data Hub (DDH). Each Asset is derived from key internal and 3rd party source systems and data sources.
As part of the Analytics & Insight team, you will play a role for continuing to advance the sophistication of the power of analytics throughout Diageo. You will serve as an evangelist for the power of data and oversee the delivery of foundational data within the Diageo Data Hub, to support downstream solutions and decision making at Diageo.
You will become an invaluable partner to your stakeholders, help catalyse their thinking about what’s possible, ensure foundational data is served up on time, of high quality and in the most efficient and effective manner to support data driven use cases across the business. The role will also own and spearhead our ambition to democratise DDH data across the business, central to moving Diageo towards a data driven culture.
About the role
- Owns & executes DDH Data Delivery vision & roadmap
- Manages resourcing of DDH Asset teams and ability to deliver through set of established and implemented best practices
- Establish success and measurement criteria for DDH Data Assets
- Accountable to apply E2E Quality & Governance across DDH data asset
- Works with program managers to understand foundational data features and builds in User Stories (from Backlog) within PI Planning sessions
- Accountable for Asset Teams to Deliver on time to expectations
- Work with the business owners and program managers to understand and prioritise for business value, putting the customer first
- Drives democratisation of Foundational Data provided through Data Asset
- Ensure the utilisation and adoption of the data for decisions
- Manage, mentor, and inspire agile teams of analysts and developers, managing performance, goals and development
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develops and implements best practice for DDH Data Asset Delivery
- Manages DDH Delivery teams
- Key DDH representative in strategic Program PI sessions and connects the needs across programs
- Accountable for Data Asset team delivery of committed features/objectives and release roadmap, based on business priorities and Data Asset backlog
- Sets the Data Asset standards to build in quality controls, working with Data Governance & Data Ops to embed necessary source data processes and data quality
- Sets DDH Data Assets Measurement of success standards
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering or related field
- 6+ year of experience in data product management, or leading reporting and analytics solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile methodologies and principles such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, and XP Programming, and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams of data analysts, engineers, and scrum masters in the delivery of data analytic products.
- Meaningful experience in data warehousing, dimensional modelling and the ability to bring best practices with regard to data management, ETL, API integrations, and data governance
- Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing business demands effectively
- Experience leveraging interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills in communicating progress on near term and mid-term plans to users and stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills, marked by poise, positive influence, and the ability to execute.
- Expertise in best design and implementation practices in data foundation tools (data orchestration e.g., ADF, Data transformation e.g., DataBricks SQL)
- Strong understanding of various database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, or DB2, as well as proficiency in working with large data sets.
- Experience with cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS. Experience with Big Data and NoSQL technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Impala, Cassandra, Storm, Flume, Pig, or Hive.
- In-depth knowledge of the relationship between business process and data products.
- Demonstrated complex critical thinking and ability to creatively solve problems with measurable business impact
- Experience addressing current and future customer needs through innovative solutions
- Master’s degree (M.A., M.S. or MBA) in information technology, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise data analytics, reporting, and data products
- 3+ years of experience in large-scale software development with emphasis on data analytics and high-volume data processing
- 3+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional, highly analytical and technical teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- 3+ years of relevant product or program management experience in B2B wholesale distribution, e-commerce, finance, retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven history of delivering results
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
To read more and apply, visit www.ourheritageyourfuture.com
Worker Type :Regular
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Click here to apply