Job Title: Head of Documentaries | Daily Trust | Location: Abuja
Trust TV is looking for a strong leader and team player who can help develop ideas and supervise the production of strong investigative and documentary features for the channel. In return, we can offer an exciting and engaging place to work, with a real focus on making a difference through impactful journalism.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for the productions of features and documentary. Develop a well-rounded and creative production team
- Establish an effective workflow for this team
- Display creativity and enterprise in responsibility for the overall vision, content, editorial planning, and day to day operations
- Guide team to present fresh ideas and approaches in presenting quality programming to a diverse audience.
- Oversee planning calendar and team work schedules
- Manage deployment of staff
- Assessing training needs and making recommendations to management.
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as assignment editors, operations, creatives, reporters, digital producers.
With significant experience in with a News channel producing documentary or features for television. You will have an extensive knowledge of current affairs, events, business, economy, politics and development journalism.
You will also:
- Be a trained journalist and/or have as strong journalistic background. HND/Degree in Mass Communications/Journalism or related field
- Have at least 5 years working experience as a TV journalist
- Have management skills, and capable of inspiring teams
- Thrive under pressure
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Click here to apply