A leading Nigerian International Secondary School, situated on a large purpose built campus in the heart of one of Africa’s liveliest cities, offers a broad and balanced education to around 370 students aged between eleven and eighteen. The school is co-educational and accepts both day student and boarders.
For September 2020, we seek to appoint experienced and talented teachers for the post of:
Head of English
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a relevant first degree and teaching qualification.
- Possess the vision and energy to lead and develop either of these two successful departments.
- Have a minimum of four years teaching experience in the UK or overseas in a UK curriculum school.
- Have a proven track record of excellent teaching practice.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the subject requirements of the National Curriculum (England).
- Have experience of delivering to IGCSE Level and A Level.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the Boarding School.
- These posts are available to experienced departmental leads as well as exceptional teachers looking to develop their first department.
All applications must include:
(a) A letter detailing what the candidate believes he/she can bring to the role. When writing your supporting statement, please refer to the job description above.
(b) An up to date curriculum vitae with the full contact details of three referees. Please note that one of the referees must be the candidate’s most recent Head Teacher.
Completed applications should be sent directly to the Principal at email@example.com with reference “Head of English”.
Applications close on April 7th, 2020.
However, early applications are encouraged as strong candidates will be interviewed before this date.