Title: Head of Operations | Location: Delta & Lagos, Nigeria
Catilas Resources Ltd is looking for a solid technical and operations Manager to help our client ensure that all vessels are manned and operated in line with current legislation, Health and Safety measures, and company requirements.
Role Objective To ensure adequate and effective planning and supervision of all vessels related activities in line with current legislation, Health and Safety measures, and company requirements.
- Proactive and effective planning of vessel operations related to service levels and equipment requirements. Actively promote safety awareness amongst all Operations and Vessels staff.
- Ensure that all sea staff are relieved on time, every time, and that suitable handover time is given for sensitive positions.
- Finding cost savings within Marine Operations.
- Monitor vessel activity prior to arrival and during port stay.
- Coordinate the safe and efficient loading and unloading of vessels.
- Regularly interfaces with various port authorities, government agencies, and partner vessels.
- Be the expert and the person to go to for all questions related to terminal operations.
- Foster smooth and efficient communication flow between all internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders on-site (terminal, port authorities, 3rd party service providers, etc.).
- Champion process improvements.
- Deliver results on key performance indicators for network and ports’ stability, bunker consumption cost, port productivity, operational unit cost, schedule reliability, in line with the company strategy, budget and objectives.
- Establish the Operations Budget for the coming year and maintaining operating costs within the approved budget.
- Ensure that the company is well represented within the Energy and Marine Community.
- Ensure vessels are in good condition and that cargo is getting to the right places safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Review of all Marine Procedures dealing with oil storage / offloading.
- Inspection, repair & maintenance: maintenance, procurement, and servicing of safety equipments etc.
- Monitor and approve all vendor invoices for services rendered.
• Maritime operational experience
• Planning and prioritizing, within time deadlines skills
• Quality oriented – work according to process (work according to the policy and processes)
• Results orientation: proven ability of results through consistent collaboration, persistence, and persuasion.
• Proactively lead issues resolution with creative thinking.
• Marine Operating Standards and Requirements.
• Contract Management.
• Budget Management and Control.
• Team player (Collaborating with other team members).
• Communication and negotiation skills.
• Time management and planning skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Education: Degree in Maritime, Marine Engineering (Preferred) or any other engineering degree.
• Experience: 8-10 years relevant Maritime industry experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply