Title: Head of Operations Intern (Remote) | Location: Lagos | Gwara
Type: Internship (10 weeks)
Gwara is a for-profit educational financing company created by Africans for Africans. Our mission is to create access to quality STEM tertiary education for all Africans. We help you navigate the process of figuring out which programs are the right fit for you, applying to schools, taking the SATs/GRE/GMAT, applying for scholarships, and we continue to support you till you land your dream role. Let’s face it, scholarships don’t cover 100% of tuition and living cost needs. Not to worry, we have alternate financing options available!
- At Gwara we believe that in Africa, talent is abundant but access to opportunity is not. Our mission is to provide everyone access to the education and career opportunities that have until now only been open to the lucky or the elite.
- Gwara seeks to change this by providing an innovative, affordable student loan product for Africans to study in the US & EU and additional services to empower our customers to thrive and make a difference. Our lofty goal over the next 10 years is to empower and enable 100,000 of Africa’s future leaders & innovators.
- Our team consists of all-star individuals who were educated at top global institutions such as Columbia Business School & have experience working with firms such as the United Nations and Barclays.
- We are currently raising our seed round and looking for a Head of Operations intern (June – August) to join our team of four with the potential to join the team full time with equity & salary once our financing round is closed. You will be working directly with the CEO & Founder on running operations and supporting fundraising efforts.
- Support CEO in day-to-day execution of strategic initiatives & fundraising efforts
- Conduct surveys and analyze results to expand on our customer discovery
- Conduct research to develop inputs for our financial model
- Own and manage relationships with 3rd party vendors and agencies
- Supervise contractors (marketing & UX design) to ensure business objectives are being met
- Format external-facing models, presentations and documents
- Experience and interest in education, consumer finance, fund management or strategy consulting in Africa
- Possess a willingness to learn and excited by deep research
- Work well in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Take the initiative and results-oriented
- Communicate clearly and concisely via verbal, written or digital communication
- Willing to dedicate 40hours/week to the role
- Willing to work remotely
- Able to earn academic credit for work (if currently enrolled in a program)
- A weekly stipend will be provided with the potential to join the team full time with equity & commensurate salary once our financing round is closed, dependent on the performance
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a short note on why you are interested in the role to: [email protected] using the ” Title” as the subject of the email.